Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-05-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
My backyard backs up to open space that is the favorite viewing space for the neighborhood, typically about 50-100 people converge on the space every 4th of July. Last year I tried to crank up the local radio station simulcast over my fauxrock planterbox speakers with dismal results. This year I put my Wetsounds Pro-485s on a couple chairs behind my house pointed up at the hillside. After the show ended several of my neighbors came up and thanked me for providing the music for the show, they were listening from about 300' out.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-05-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Mikeski,

That is awesome. Too cool.

We have done something similar at some local wakeboard events. Piped in a mixer and wireless mics and DJ'd the music and announcements for the event from a pair of 485's. Works great!
Old    mendo247            07-05-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Nice mikeski! Way to improvise...

My 4 pro 80's rocked the masses at spilt rock (lake pillsburry) all weekend!

(Message edited by mendo247 on July 05, 2006)
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-05-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
I was at the local stereo shop a few days ago, and about crapped to see 3 boats out front each with a pair of 485's on the tower. I live in a small town and I didn't expect anyone to be a wetsounds dealer here. The place is called Crazy Bob's. They say that they have been selling them very fast.

I went in and made the sales go come out and turn them on for me...WOW! I was VERY impressed. The sound was extremely loud and very clear.

Unique application, Mike, sounds like a good time.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on July 05, 2006)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2006, 2:06 AM Reply   
We had the cops tell us to turn our stereo down because their was a festival at the park and they paid for a permit to listen to loud music. We were playing Dashboard Confessional when he told us.

Oh well, it started raining 5 minutes later and we got a good laugh at the hundreds of people running and screaming like they had never been wet before.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-06-2006, 5:56 AM Reply   
Leo,

Same thing happened to us this past weekend. I went to go get the truck and buddies were entertaining about 20 other boats waiting for the ramp. All of us had left a party cove at the same time because the wind picked up. Everyone was having fun and listening to us when the sheriff pulled up and told them to turn it down and was going to give them a ticket etc...Apparently she didn't like Lil Jon!!! All the other boats were bummed out. We always respect the power these will put out and turn them down when appropriate like at the ramp etc. But this time it was the 4th weekend and all a party crowd. I think that music selection may have been the problem!!!