Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       04-20-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
2005 Nautiques came with the Clarion XMD3, 2006-2007 ship with Clarion CMD4, Clarion now has a CMD5 out. Can i drop a CMD4 or CMD5 in place of my XMD3 and connect it to my existing remote, etc? Clarion has no info related to this on their site.

Has anybody tried the CeNET iPod interface EA1276B for the CMD4 or 5?
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-21-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
Hey Jon,
the MB's have the same Clarion units, '05 have the XMD3, '06 have the CMD4, etc.
I own a '05 MB with the XMD3 and have a CMD5 on order, it should be here next week and I'm going to buy a EA1276 iPod interface on Monday.
The Clarion web site didn't have any info about hole size cutouts in the dash or wiring diagrams.
Most Clarion remotes should be able to hook up to the CMD5.
I may have to order a new face plate for the dash if the hole sizes are different, the CMD5 looks a little smaller.
I've heard some mixed reviews on the EA1276 (you have to create playlists).
Anyways... I'll be installing the CMD5, EA1276 and a Clarion LCD remote in the transom very soon.
I'll try to take some pics and show them in a new thread for all to see.

(Message edited by goodwin on April 21, 2007)
Old     (mcaddyman)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-22-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
the cmd5 is to deep to fit mb dash the deck is 2" deeper
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-30-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Browny,
Have you installed your CMD5 yet? I am thinking about upgrading me XMD1 in my X-30 to the CMD5 and just wondering how the install went.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-30-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
Hey Jared,
I double checked the depths of the two Clarion units and dave mix (mcaddyman) is correct, the XMD3 is shorter than the CMD5.
So I can't install the CMD5 because the steering wheel bracket under the dash limits the depth of the head units.
MB Sports changed the location of the bracket or something else in '06 because the CMD4 (or CMD4A) is the factory installed head unit.
I did compare the wiring on both Clarion's and they looked very similar, so that part might not be too tough. I'm not sure about the cutout in the dash.
I am going to install the Clarion EA1251 iPod interface and the LCD remote in the transom when I find some extra time to do it!!