Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
There have been a couple boat cover threads recently and I hadn't taken any pics of the Rankin cover I got about a month ago. So here they are and so far I love it. Much better than the factory cover.....keeps everything out and no poles. Well worth the $$$.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-26-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
yo d dub make sure you run a fan and open the zipper around the poles or you will get mold in there storing it outside. The rankin does just as good of a job at locking moisture inside as it does keeping the water out.
Looks sweet and I have had 2 rankins too. Good cover!
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
ok i will..... she is usually inside but the shop is full at the moment with my soon to be father in laws toys.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
dont mind me asking what did that cost and is it towable also. where is the best place to find.
Old     (j_knight)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-26-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
What about one that goes over the tower? That would be my next cover. The rain would run right off and you can camp in side your boat or somthing.I know you could't tow with it but I don't tow with mine on anyway.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2007, 6:36 PM Reply   
They cost approx. $850.00 depending on model of boat.

http://www.rankincovers.com/
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-26-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
If you have a nautique, you can get a discount. there is a group buy going on at Planetnautique right now. Saves a bunch of money.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
I have a Rankin on my '04 SSV. It's the only way to go. As far as towability, I have pulled it short distances w/ the cover on. However, most people will tell you to NOT, pull w/ the cover on. And Dan, Diggs is right on, you need to get something inside to deal w/ the moisture. You can get by w/ those chemical de-humidifiers or get one of those RV heater/de-humidifiers. Any route you go should work as long as it's not a long term situation.
Old    mendo247            02-26-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
nice!
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
I ordered it through wakeside and it was like 9 somethin I think. Yes you can tow with it. It's probably not great for it but it is much better than rubbing the scratches out of the gel coat from the straps of my other one. We got caught in a rain storm last year and had to throw it on and there were several lines down the side of the boat that were a pain to get out.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-27-2007, 5:04 AM Reply   
I just bought a new (to me) boat, it came with a Rankin cover. I had the boat towed from Seattle to Atlanta last week, the boat and cover survived the trip with no damage. I can say you can trailer with this cover without a problem. Definitely the best cover I have ever seen, no pooling of water, quick to put on and take off.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-27-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
I have done a bunch of towing and the only marks I have noticed is just below the rub rail where the rope tightens near the front to mid ship, but it buffs out very easy. They are great for towing other than that.
Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-27-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
Were did you get the rankin cover? I can not find them online anywhere.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-27-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Geoffrey-
See link above.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2007, 12:37 AM Reply   
you can also go to www.wakeside.com and then call the toll free # they are really easy to work with.