Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
My tow rig. She was a good truck, the pro comp 6 inch lift with 35's was fun to drive, sure gas mileage suffered and the left front tire would occasionally scrub the running board. But for those 2 long months I owned her I never had a problem, I'll always remember that 1 time I took her off-road, lots of good memories. I've calmed down alot since tuesday and I can somewhat compose a decent story now. I was heading to work tues morning and as I approach a gas station just before an intersection, I see a space between 2 cars in the turning lane to my left open up just ahead of me. Suddenly a camry appears in the space and he's coming out in front of me, I was traveling 45 mph or so and I hit the brakes but to no avail, I T-boned the camry in the b-post of the passenger side and pushed the camry down the street about 20 ft into a curb. On the impact the pass side framerail bent on my tahoe causing the right tire to turn and then causing the tahoe turn sharply. I ended up on the side with the quarter panel resting on the trunk of the camry. Heres a pic of how it ended upUpload
Upload
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
Thanks to the tahoe for helping me walk away from this crash, I did have to climb out the passenger side and jump down from the truck, which resulted in a very graceful head over heels tumble down the street before I had completely regained my composure. The other driver went to the hospital.
Old     (wakecrazy21v)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-22-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
Wow! sorry to see that hope every
body is ok?
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
I banged my knees into the dash pretty hard, and I felt like someone had beat me with a baseball bat the next day. But thats it, I had an x-ray done on my knee because my foot with tingling when I got to work finally, I haven't got the results back yet though. The other driver is a salesman at the car dealer next to the one I work at, I guess he's fine, I haven't heard anything. He did manage to try to blame me for the accident, so I thought that was great. All I got was a subpoena to appear as a witness for the city, against him in traffic court
Old     (omega_supreme)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-22-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
That will buff out!!!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-22-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
I must offer my condolences and it may seem callous at a time like this but in the future you will find comfort, but you can be sure that with a cute boat like yours you will soon find another tow vehicle.
No, it won't be the same but you might even find some new things better, over time.

Scary how fast an accident can happen, isn't it.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-23-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
NOOOOOO, not a 2-door Tahoe. I adore my 2-door. Glad to hear your ok, but it's a shame about ur truck!
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-23-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
That's hardly a scratch. I crunched my GT a few years back and could not bear to see it go to scrap. A couple evenings work and a little fresh paint.....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yeah..... Don't salvage that thing. Give me a 5lb slege and a 12 pack and we'll get it back in shape in not time.

Not only that, but everyone knows proper blazers have no roof. We'll chop it, then bring it to the upholstry shop and have a custom canvas top made.

No sweat....
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
I need a new frame for it if I get it back, It buckled the frame in 2 places on the passenger side. My best bet would be finding another one with high mileage and just swapping everything over.

JK is that a baby seat in the back window in your first pic? The truck looked good after it was fixed

(Message edited by rbc_racing on February 23, 2007)
Old     (omega_supreme)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-23-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
Wow that was impressive JK. Hey randall what year was yours, from the dash it looks like a 95 or 96?
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
It was a 96 with 96k on the odometer
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-23-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
Randall,

Yes that is a baby seat but I was just removing it when the picture was taken. My six month old daughter was in the back seat and stayed in place with not a mark on her. Virtually no injuries so we were really lucky. I still like driving it, but only in the summer now. Can't beat a longer wheelbase AWD for winter highways up here.

Changing out the frame on yours is likely more work than it is worth however I do have a whole frame left if you want it. I only needed the body from the parts-truck I got. Glad you were not badly hurt.
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-26-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
damn man i feel for ya, on a related note i got 97 2 door tahoe thats red if ya want another one, i loved this truck and your pictures cemented my thought that short of a dump truck or 18 wheeler id walk away from a bad crash
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-26-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/415846.html?1172437156

heres a link to it
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-26-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
btw is that pic in GA? i think i recognize that road, and one of the cops
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Ouch JK, that first pic was tough to look at! Glad to see you stuck with it and rebuilt!

I told my wife when I got my 96 Tahoe that I would NEVER get rid of it...and I am sticking by that. Shes a 1996 Tahoe LT 2-door, with Barn-Doors in the rear. Mechnaical 4wd shifter and all the other goodies, best part was that it only had 63k on it 2-years ago when I bought it! Still has less than 87k now.

It's sad that Chevy choose to stop making this vehicle or at least the sytle. You would think that they would do a limited run on them every few years as the body styles changed, oh well. I think the new body style would be slammin in a 2-door.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-26-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Yeah I love my two door. It made to me sad to see yours.

Upload