Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
I've read alot of different threads addressing everything from subs, to eq's, to hundreds of options for tower speakers, and in the end I'm still unsure of what to do. I've got 4 polk momo mmc650's in cans for the tower and I've got the stock kenwood headunit with 6 stock speakers in the boat. Some of the stock speakers are blown and I'm going to replace them with polk's. I'm open to suggestions on what direction I should go when hooking everything up, should I hook it up so that the tower speakers and the interior speakers can be controlled independently of each other? Should the sub be on all the time or switched? My boat has a heater outlet under the drivers cockpit, would the sub be better there or in the storage compartment under the radio? I'm going to add a second battery in that area also. I have a DD boat so what is the best location for the amps, also what amps work best in a boat I'm assuming a 4 channel for the tower speakers, a 2 channel for the sub and run the interior speakers off the head unit? or another amp? I'm trying to be as cost efficent as possible so any advise will be appreciated. I also have an older pioneer deh-8000 HU at home I can always put in instead of the factory kenwood if need be, what do you do as far as retaining the wired remote if you upgrade the HU?
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-26-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
The reason you're unsure of the answer is because there are many different ways to accomplish your goal, but all of them have one thing in common...

they require a decision on YOUR part :-) Take your time, figure out exactly what YOUR wants/needs are, and fill them. All the advice on here is mostly basic best practice stuff regarding wiring, fusing, power loads, etc...you're asking everyone else to tell you what YOU want, and that just can't end well :-)

With that said, good luck! The planning/decision phase is the hardest part!
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
I'm looking for suggestions from someone with more experience than I have at setting up a decent starting upgrade from the factory stuff.
I want to set this up right to start with so I have asked the questions I need to know, they are all valid questions and again I'm looking for suggestions not decisions. I know I'm adding a sub, tower speakers and upgrading the factory speakers, no real decision to be made there. I haven't personally saw alot of different setups, and I would like a little input on what to do and not to do before I start setting it up.