Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/fun/
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
that car is crazy, i like it
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-25-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
G,

Saw it at CES, actually I was standing next to it when you called...

The Alpine booth was completely seperate from the show, almost like invitation only type of booth where you entered through a single door. My show badge said Engineer, it was difficult to get the time of day from anybody in the booth. On the other hand I kind of like being able to poke and prod things without having a sales rep try to tell me things I might already know.

(Message edited by mikeski on February 25, 2007)
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-26-2007, 12:07 AM Reply   
Sat in it and listen. Sounded and looked good. Not quite the X5 of yesteryear
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
Aaron: You know what it takes to make somting like that. Just for internet chit chat what do you think Alpine spends on the show car's. I think that they are the most amazing show cars. I had heard that when Steve Brown built the "Sinster 6" they bought or started with a Brand New 6 series convertable BMW. They drove it right off the dealer showroom and into the install bay. They didnt waste any time or money buying a used car. My guess on the Sinster 6 is they have more than $300 grand in the car. It would be intresting to know more about what it takes and cost to do somthing like that. Alpine does a great job with taking photo's of the install process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvNBqmtKMvc
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
The Sinster 6 install
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtV0f4azQYw&mode=related&search=
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-26-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Those installers must get paid huge. Every year they outdo themselves and build something in a short amount of time. They're probably #2 and #3 on the payroll for Alpine.