Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-14-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Anyone purchased the new fiberglass swim plate form for Sanger? What do you think? And how much?
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       02-15-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
I checked one out this weekend. VERY nice. It's completely boxed and finished on the bottom side. No rough spots anywhere. Don't know how much $$$$ though.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-15-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
They are nice,I think they are around $375 or so
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-15-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
i have one on my boat. it looks great, it has more surface area than the teak and it has full grip on the top. they finished nice and put a chrome rub ail around the bottom and top half to fill the seem. 2 complaints: 1, the grip they used is sort of hard, not soft and squishy like on a malibu. 2, the platform has a design flaw. it fills up with water between the bottom and top half. i just got my boat back yesterday from kal kustoms and this was one of the problems they addressed. i was concerned because i did not want water sitting in there for long periods. so they have a standard fix to the problem. they tap 2 holes on each side undernieth front and back to allow the water to drain. then they finished off with stainless steel gromits. but all in all it looks great. ill post a pic later.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-15-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Bryan,
Thank you for the info,can I ask what you paid for it and where you purchased it? That would be great if you can post a pic.If you can also take a pic of the fix Thanks
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-15-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
heeb, no problem i will snap a pic of the fix and send them/post them next week. my boat is stored indoors but its about 1 1/2 hrs from my house. but i wont forget about ya. as for the cost of the platform by itself, not sure i had it included with deal when i bought the boat. i will see what i can find out from my dealer about a after market cost. also, if you do purchase one they can now color match them. mine is red. at first when they started trying them out last year they were only producing them in black. and when you get it, dont let your shop charge you for install unless sanger says it will effect warenty. its easy to switch the brackets from your teak to your fiberglass. hope this helps and i will get pics next week when i go ride. i owe pics of my speaker box to another ww bro also. im slacking sorry guys!!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-16-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
any pics of the new platforms?
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-16-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
Cool Bryan sounds good.......Thank Heeb
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-25-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Bryan do you have the pics of the platform and sangers fix??