Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    live2wakeboard            09-04-2006, 10:18 PM Reply   
You kno it would be cool if fuel had a show like pimp my cars but it was pimp my boat!!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-05-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
GOOD idea. They could build you a water fall in you're boat just like they do in the cars or turn tables so you can dj on you're boat.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-05-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Gotta stick a projector and popcorn machine in there too.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-06-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
That show sucks. .

I am surprised its had been on the air this long.
Old    swass            09-06-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
There was a show like that for awhile. "Hotboat" maybe?

I saw one episode. It was STOOOOOPID. They put so many batteries in the rear of the boat that it wouldn't plane. It was a Donzi, I think.
Old    swass            09-06-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
On an unrelated note, I happend upon Pimp My Ride on MTV the other night. What happened to those idiots at West Coast Customs? Now they do their played out, crappy work at some place called GAS.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-06-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
West Coast Customs realized the show was killing business. After seeing that show would you let them work on you're car?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-06-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
Ive always thought it would be cool to have a magazine directed at "custom" wake boats. Like they have sport compact car, eurotuner.. they could do write ups and pics on peoples boats that have all the custom goodies, paint jobs, custom ballast installs.. I wonder if there is a market?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-06-2006, 11:02 PM Reply   
happens to be that quite a few of the pimp my ride cars ended up on ebay. Not because they were special, but because the people driving them simply had no use for all the pimpness. The were brokeass rides in the first place for a reason. The people who owned them could not keep them up or drive with a crud. The ones on ebay had many many problems with all the electrical pimping. Also the paint was chipping, cracking and fading off. You simply cant do a good job in such a short amount of time.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
Andy, I think Overhaulin does. They build very solid cars in a week.
Pimp my Ride is a joke.
Old    swass            09-07-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
That doesn't surprise me. I was wondering what those broke college kids would do if they got a flat tire on one of their $300 low profile Pirellis.

Overhaulin' is pretty cool, I think. I could do without the practical joke aspect, but I like watching the transformation from junk to sweet ride.

Pimp My Hoopty is a joke. I suppose there are only so many head rest monitors you can do before it gets old, but some of the things they do are just plain dumb.