Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
How does the Epic compare to Moomba, Supra, and Sanger in build quality? Can anyone comment on the wake?

I am a huge toyota fan, but I don't get the feeling these boats are a favorite on this site. Is it just the lack of bling?

Thanks,

Darin
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Some will say it's a hard boat to weight. That's only what I've heard though. I too am a fan of TRD and would like to hear more. I have heard that it gets killer MPG!
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-05-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
I saw one out last weekend. I like the looks of the epic. It sounded kinda wierd when it took off going away from us. I guess thats the 4.0 engine or maybe it was just that boat.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-05-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
Go to www.epicmarine.com for lots more info. They are super well built boats, they were five years ahead of their time. They run like a top and use 61% less gas than anything else. The reason that nobody here knows much about them is because they didn't sell many in California.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-05-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
You weight them just like any other boat, btw.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-05-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
They were well built boats, and have an amazing engine (Lexus 4.0l). That engine will probably outlast anything else out there, however, lacks the power needed for a really weighted down boat. A family friend had one, and it was a trip to drive because it would rev so high. There are a bunch of people who are very loyal to this boat
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-05-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
If you put an acme prop on the boat, it handles a lot more weight. With the stock prop, 2k is about the most I will run. It still pulls better with 2k than my pals 04 PS205. What a dog that boat is. My boat gets on plane twice as quick with the same weight in it, and it's two feet longer.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-06-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
I rode on behind a x22. Nice clean boat and the wake was not hard to get dialed in. The reason why you thought they sounded different pulling away is becuase they have like a two stage tranny or something. Somebody else can fill in, but they are nice boats. and right on for fuel economy...
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-06-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
When I bought my S22 it took a while for me getting used to how quiet it was. The tranny is the same Walter V-drive as in a lot of other v-drives. I had mine for almost 3 years, awesome boat, never had any complaints. Probably would still have it if I hadn't seen the 247. With 6 kids I need the space.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-06-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, good point about changing the prop, that would definitely help a ton :-)