Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (dreamer69)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Is the V-ride a good all around beginners boat for wakeboarding and tubing?
Does a tower really make that big of a difference for wakeboarding?
We currently have a Harris Kayot V220, It seems difficult to try to jump. for a 6ft 20 year old the pulling point is at his waist.
Can we make this boat work or are we just wasting our time?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-05-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
You can make any boat work. Its just a matter of how hard you try. As for the Vride, it is a good boat for anyone. Add some additional ballast and the wake will be very nice. Tubing? You can pull a tube behind anything and it will still suck. The tower will make a difference in tow point and it will help a little with your air time.
Old     (waterzomby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Ouch! V-ride owner here and I have to say it is far from a beginners boat! And I second that about tubing!!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
the V-ride is a 2004 VLX. By no means a begginer Wake. But can be if you dont fill up the ballast. Great boat!!!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-05-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Yes, the tower will help and the V-Ride wake will definitely help to pop you up in the air. You will still have to learn good technique, but don't we all.

The wake will be very big for first timers, even with no ballast. Just slow the boat down so the wake washes out and you can get anyone up and riding easily. We've gotten tons of noobs up for the first time behind the boat.

Since you are buying a wakeboat, you won't be a beginner for very long. The V-Ride will not only be a beginner boat for you, but will satisfy pros as well. Add just some weight (ballast or people) and the wake is very firm, rampy, and as big as the best will ever need.

Anything that indicates that the boat is for beginners is purely in Malbu advertising, which wants you to upgrade to a 247 or some other more expensive and bigger boat. The V-Ride is one of the best pure wakeboarding boats you can get anywhere.

(Message edited by jpk on September 05, 2006)
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       09-05-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Until 2005 the hull of the V-Ride was Malibu's flagship wake boat. The hull has proven itself.
Old     (dreamer69)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
The only reason I said tubing is because We have little girls that enjoy it(ya I know). The boat will be used by all of us. I am 32 and have only tried to wakeboard once and was not able to get up,but I will not give up to outdo my 20 year old cousin.
Thanks for the input !!!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-05-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Nahan,
You will love the V-ride. It is a great boat . I have a 2004 VLX which is the same boat ( except some changes to the interior and dash), and I absolutely love it. I have owned 2 Supras a Moomba and now a Malibu. The VLX has the best wake of all of them. There is still a lot of room in the interior and the details are what set this boat apart.
Get it and you wont regret it.

Also go to
themalibucrew.com

The people in there can answer just about any questions you might have about a Malibu.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-05-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
I too am a 05 Vride owner and for the money it is one of the best boats when you compare oranges to oranges.
If you have any questions email me a
fullonsalesgroup@comcast.net
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-05-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
It was Malibu's flagship wakeboat until 2004 so its still a great wake maker and a cool boat!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-05-2006, 6:19 PM Reply   
The V-ride can't be beat for the money. It has a great wake for advanced riders when full, empty it will do more than fine for beginners. Trust me, you can outgrow a "beginner" wake boat very quickly. The V-ride is a boat that is not easy to outgrow.