Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (allent17)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Well, yesterday was my first time going wake to wake. After my first time, I did it like 3 times in a row. I really wanna start building up my skills but am kinda hindered by the Bass boat I'm riding behind. I can pull a 180 in the air toeside but I'm incredibly weak on anything healside. Any suggestions on the next thing I should work on or should I just work on trying to jump from the otherside?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-05-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Good job Allen Im still trying to get my w2w dialed in. Im not bad at hell side but toe side I am not even close. Im probabbly not the one to give advice just wanted to say good job
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Nice, it feels so much better landing on the downside of the other wake rather than casing it huh? I would say start working on your toeside jumping - it's either now or later. You will be glad you did later. I would say (if you cant already) start taking your toeside 180 wake to wake, working on doing grabs from both sides.

As far as the bass boat goes - I rode for 5 years or so behind a fish/ski boat and it was probably one of the best things I did. In order to learn and advance it's much more necessary to learn proper fundamentals of edging etc. It's much easier to learn things in sloppy form if you have a big wake to compensate for you..
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
I'm trying to dial in the perfect combination of speed, line length, and ballast. Consistency is getting better as it is for you Allen. Let us know what works best; share the wealth.
Edge, progressive cut, stand tall, yes it's all true and will work for you!
Old     (allent17)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
Oh man, like I was forever hitting the second wake and bouncing off of it. What got me going wake to wake was if you can believe it, not trying as hard and finally learning how to get the progressive edge down. Line tension truly is your friend I quickly found out.

I also agree starting on a crappy boat is better but I sure do get jealous seeing pictures of guys going big behind those awesome boats I wish I had. I can't wait to go again and try some grabs and my 180 w2w.