Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-01-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
I really like the feel of a premier without the center fins because its so loose for surface tricks. Im thinking about getting a liquid force next so I need to know which liquid force's are similar to premier's.
Old     (cptoafficiency)      Join Date: May 2006       09-02-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
substance. it's faster and better, though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-02-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
Try a CWB Absolute also. Like a Premier, but faster and a little looser.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-02-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
BTW...I'm not sure what you consider to be loose, but the Substance has molded fins that extend to near the center of the board. The Substance is an awesome board, but to me, it wasn't loose at all. Even with the fins removed.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-02-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
I agree with the Absolute, I have ridden both a Premier and an Absolute a good bit, they are both great boards and ride very similar,in my opinion, the Absolute pops a little better and lands a little softer.
Old    ntron            09-02-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Watson has the similiar pop and sits in the water lighter and little faster.
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-02-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
The main reason I'm leaning towards the substance now is because they are a really good price and I like the graphic a lot. It sucks because there is no where around me that I can test out boards so it's hard for me to find out what i really like.

(Message edited by rileyg on September 02, 2006)
Old     (soulrider911)      Join Date: May 2006       09-03-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
Watson.

(Message edited by soulrider911 on September 03, 2006)
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-03-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
if you want something like the premier why dont you just get the premier or do you not like hyperlite?
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-03-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
Im getting tired of hyperlite and I really want to try a liquid force. Also I hear liquid force is much lighter.
Old    ntron            09-03-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
IMO and I know this may start trouble, but at nationals this past weekend I was talking to Chad, and Danny about Ronix. I think Ronix will be the new set up to get. If you are willing to wait and look at there new gear I was impressed by what they had to say and present about their new setups. The weight, designs/shapes of the boards, binding, just impressed that is all I can say. Sick Equipment! Once againg good luck in you search.
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-03-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
I may have to take what you said into consideration. I still have all winter and spring to get a new board so i'll see what i like when Ronix comes out.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
The LF Team is similar to the Premier, little softer landings and lighter, might take off the middle fin to get it a little looser. With the middle fin in it is similar to the Motive shape with more pop and softer landings.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
I'd say the PS3 is pretty similar as well.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-04-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
Substance and the PS3 are very similar and are pretty grippy boards even without the center fin,if you like looser feeling boards,I would go towards an Absolute!Great pop and loose as a goose.
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-05-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
why are you tired of hyperlite? just get the preimer
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-05-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
RONIX!!! It will be worth the wait, and actually they will be available in about a month. Danny's new board the "One" is 5lbs. lighter than his previous set up with bindings! I rode it a couple weeks ago and it is smooth. The bindings are unreal.