Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old    bogeyboy            08-28-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
I am getting a new boat this weekend. Supra 24SSV with Gravity III ballast. I am curious about rope length, speed, ballast and wake plate settings for best wake characteristics. I guess we can figure it out by trial and error, however if anyone has some experience, clue me in.

Thanks,
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
What wake characteristics are you after? And what have you ridden behind that you liked (boat, rope, speed)?
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
I think a good friend of mine has a 2001 24ssv. I've spent a pretty considerable amount of time behind the boat, and it has a damn good wake if weighted properly. I think I typically rode between 75-85 feet back, 23-26 mph (Im not totally sure, we went by the rpm's). He had two 550lb. sacks on both sides of the engine box. Another 550 and a 250lb. bag in the nose, and a couple of lead weights to move around where needed. At one point we had a 550 in the ski locker too, but noticed the wake actually had more kick without filling that one up at all.

All boats perform better with different weight distributions. You just have to toy around with it and find the sweet spot, but that's what worked best for us. Also, we kept the wakeplate down because it steepens the wake up, giving it a nice lip.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-29-2006, 5:24 AM Reply   
David-I think you might have the 24SSV mistaken for another model. The 24SSV was a new model in 2005.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-29-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
24 SSV with true gravity package (2400lb) wake plate set at 25% speed of 24.5 and a rope length of 75' has been a good combo for me.
Old     (sidewayz)      Join Date: May 2006       08-29-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
Congrats on your new Supra! Weighting depends on if you have the big cooler in th rear on driver side. If you do then you have to weight your boat heavier on the oppisite side. If not weight them equally. You have to have alot of weight in that boat to get the wake right. The wake plate is personal just mess with it till you like the wake. I find that I have to ride prety fast behind the 24, (23-24mph) with a 75-80ft rope.