Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (gratz)      Join Date: May 2005       02-28-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
I have looked at the new Murray and it looks awesome but who has rode it. Any comments ?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
I rode it this past weekend...I thought it looked amazing, insane amounts of rocker, but the board is not for me. Not to say it isn't right for you.

IMO, the board was very slow and lacked the pop I was used to. Sorry to be so critical, but that was my personal impression.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-01-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
I'm at the boarding school right now and have been riding it all week, I love it, I have to agree it does have a little bit of drag when your just standing flat on it, but once that puppy is on edge it feels really good, it hooks up when you want it to and it breaks loose when you want it to. I've done my first powerslides on it, its a really fun board for sure.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-01-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
why dont you just ask for Murray himself
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-01-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
actually murray just talked about his board in another post just a couple nites ago, here is the link to it.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/287215.html?1141180843

Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
bess,

how are u liking the camp? i'll be there next week & right now i'm dying to get down there and ride. i havent been in the water since october so i know i'm gonna be hurting!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-01-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
How bout that weather today Chuck? We should have gone out, haha! Hope we can actually get together this summer and get some riding in, have fun at the camp, you'll have to let me know how ya liked it. Hill's goin with ya isn't he?
Old     (westcoastripper)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-01-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
not the murray, you mean the half pipe :-) great pop very slow
Old    mendo247            03-01-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
im also very interested in the murray.. im gonna try to pick one up in the next couple days.. for the first time in my lift im riding a non murray shape and having a very hard time adapting..
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
cody - yeah, he's going with me. it should be blast. i'll have some video & a bunch of pics when i get back. hopefully twra will start raising the lake soon. i can get my boat off the lift right now. any ideas on when they start that?
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
cody - yeah, he's going with me. it should be blast. i'll have some video & a bunch of pics when i get back. hopefully twra will start raising the lake soon. i cant get my boat off the lift right now. any ideas on when they start that?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-01-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
I couldn't tell ya off the top of my head but I can find out for sure tomorrow, I'll let ya know.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
cool, thanks. lol, look at that response time....3 minutes!!!
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-01-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
shawn... why dont you just ride it for yourself...

oh yeah that 10 inches of snow we got in thelast 2 days.... and the fact that theres probably like 2 feet of ice on the lake... right

well have fun in florida...
Old     (gratz)      Join Date: May 2005       03-03-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
I will be shreddin it April 1 and I will think if you Blair. I may drop you a line just to rub it in a little. MC boy
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-03-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
you would do that wouldnt you
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-04-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
I just got home and I can tell you the boarding school is nothing short of AMAZING!! I had the time of my life, I learned so much stuff and it was great just to be able to ride behind a mastercraft, and on good conditions. It was windy almost everyday but we always found butter, they're on a chain of 6 lakes and there is always good water somewhere. All I have to say is PACE yourself! You're going to want to ride a bunch on monday but take it easy cause you'll be really hurting by wensday. ts hard to though cause you're so excited and fired up on the first day. Defenitly two very blistered thumbs way way up!
Old    cwbabsolute1080            03-04-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
learn anything new??
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-05-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
I sure do wanna check out the boarding school sooner or later.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-05-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
I learned a bunch of new stuff, I'm prety novice so its nothing fancy but I was stoked; powerslides, switch powerslides, re-entries, ollie 180's, surface 360's, bs surface 180's, dock starts, and a I learned a bunch about form and just correcting my stance and just the less is more sort of thing. I learned so much, I'm surre I'm prolly forgetting some things. Also I got to meet Tim, from here on wakeworld, Tim it was awesome to meet you, sorry we didn't get to chat much, it was awesome to meet you though!
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-05-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
Let me start off by saying that Bess was one of the most, if not THE MOST positive person we have ever had at the camp! Started off the week by saying how pumped she was and couldn't wait to get on the water and finished off by stating the exact same thing, only she didn't get off the water. In fact, if she didn't have a plane to catch, she would still be riding. She took it as far as to set a record for the most sets in one day...8! Always with a smile on her face, she would ask if anyone wanted to go and if anyone hesitated, she would hop out for a pull. Great having you Bess, a true testiment to the human spirit! Keep it up and hope to see you again. Shaun
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-05-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
shaun well your in here your supposed to tell us how your new board rides...
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-06-2006, 4:43 AM Reply   
I've been riding the Premeir, rented the new Murray for a friend who wanted to try it, we're both buying the new Murray. The board is nimble, smooth and pops of the wake fantastic, the best thing about the board is the landings in the flats or when you come up short, the least impact board I've ever ridden.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-06-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
Shaun, you just made my day! Thanx man!