Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    goatface187            02-25-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
I've been riding a LF trips 138 for a while and I think it's about time to move to another board. I've been wanting a hyperlite for a while, but I don't know a whole lot about them. I'm looking for something that is a little bit slower than a trips 138, and something that will give me a little more pop as well. I'd also want a little bit looser feel than that of the trip. Anyone that's ridden a trips and switched over to a hyperlite, please help me out.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-25-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
the trip is a great board but the newer shapes out there have alot better design and technology. I have never tried the newer hyperlite but they are all really nice. I am riding the LF Shane right now and it has tons of pop is just a little slower and defiantely has a looser feel but still holds a great edge when you are on edge.
you probably want soemthing with an aggressive continuous rocker or a 3 stage. Boards with a aggressive 3 stage rocker you will probably want to stay away from.

if youre interested in a Hyperlite the 3DS is somethign you might like.
Old    goatface187            02-25-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
thanks, that was one that I was interested in and i'll definitely look around for one to test out. Thanks again
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
of course it sounds bias, but if you are coming off a 138 and wanting to try a hyperlite with good pop, you gots to try my board. I ride the 138 and couldn't be happier with how it rides. i wanted to get the three stage pop feeling with out the flat spot of 3 stage so i cranked 3.2 inches of continuous rocker into the thing. If you try it and don't like it, I'll buy you dinner...maybe that's not gonna work out, but you will like it...the board, not the dinner. shaun
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Shaun, greeting from Bend Oregon, when you coming out this way again? My son rode the 3DS last year and really liked it, he is thinking of trying your new board this year, the main concern for him is he likes a faster board and with the crazy rocker in your 06 he thinks in might be to slow. Your thoughts?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Randy, its not as slow as you think. Of course its slower than a 3ds but its not major. I think the murray is a great ride (its what I ride), but if he likes a really fast board and likes the 3DS I would highly suggest the "Drive", its designed by the line and those guys are great (sorry biased on that one, lol) but it does sound like a board he'd like.
Old    goatface187            02-26-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
I'm gonna hold you to that dinner...but I will definitely try out your new board. Also, your new bindings are awsome. I haven't gotten a chance to try them but they look insane, and the closed toe is something I would love, i'm hoping that they will feel a little like a snowboard boot since i've been doing that longer and I am more acustomed to the feel. Thanks for the feedback
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-26-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
if you really like the trip, try the team, its the super trip, but of course, demo a bunch of boards, figure out what you like, yada yada
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Being slow was the biggest concern with going all the way to 3.2 inches of rocker, and is the reason no one else has ever even tried going that far. I had to really pushed them to prototype it because they thought i was crazy, but it worked better than i thought.
I tried some without the chines (bump ridges) on the bottom and for some reason they were slower. Thats why i stayed with the chines, to keep it faster and softer landings.
When i first got up behind the boat, i felt like it was slower than my previous boards but as soon as I started carving around it wasn't even a thought on my mind. Same reaction for anyone else that I see try the board.
Let me know if you want an explanation for the chines, since i can go on about stuff you might not wanna know.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-01-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
Hey Shaun, Ya, I'd be curious as to what the chines do because my guess was that they had to slow it down. I have the '00 Belmont, love it, and still use it fairly regularly. I was excited to try your last years board but was really dissapointed by its performance. It felt like it had so much drag in the water that my shoulders burned badly before I was done. My cousin, who is considerably better than me, had the same experience. Not trying to knock your board, because I know different boards suit different people, but I was figuring it was due to the chines at the bottom of the board. Perhaps I was wrong? Anyway, you're awesome!