Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
I read in the wakeboard mag Jerry Nunn said that he thinks that a bigger board gives him more pop and a softer landings. It kinda makes sence anyone else think thats true. Now I look at alot of the pros and they are all mostly on bigger boards.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-24-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
it is true hat a bigger board will give you more pop however, the shape of the board will determine how it lands. if you have a big board that is super wide, unless it has a v-shaped bottom or something like that to displace the waterit will land very hard. take the new roam for eample. long, very wide, lands very hard. when i land in the flats at all everyone in the boat can hear a loud slap. a board with a narrow tip and tail will land softer, but wont have as much pop
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
Jason I am still amazed you can ride that roam the way you do huge props to ya. I tryed one and I was all over the place. But lots of fun for butter slides and stuff like that.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-24-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
it's true. it's why i prefer bigger boards. i need the softer landings for my old ass knees, and all the help i can get on the pop.
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-24-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
at the boat show the sales guy was trying to talk me into a 137 and i'm 6'2 170 lbs. I disregarded what he said and went with the 142 from what i read on here.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-24-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Squid = pot stirrer

it's ok we need a good stir every once in a while.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-24-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
170lbs, no way would I put you on a 137, I'm only 10-15lbs more and I like 145-147's most.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-25-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
I would personally like to see a bigger option of board sizes. Some 145's and 147's would be sweet in some of the most popular shapes I.E. an absolute, militant, watson, bonifay etc.