Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-06-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Dew Action Sports Tour MasterCraft X-2 Giveaway ~ WINNER

http://www.dewactionsportstour.com/contests/mastercraft

Dew Action Sports Tour MasterCraft X-2 Giveaway
THIS CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED. CONGRATULATIONS TO AARON N. OF TRACY, CA!

Where do I begin….. Shock, Surprise, Dis-Belief, Amazement, Excitement - in one word SURREAL!

When you hear about contests for cars, boats, vacations I would be willing to bet the first thing everyone thinks is these things are fake, no one ever wins, it's not possible, it’s a sham, etc.... You think of all the unsolicited emails or the late night phone calls for products and promotions like everyone else… You think people never win these things, well people do, I DID!

When I entered this contest, I didn’t even think this was possible but held on to that slim chance in the back of my mind for months. I'll never forget the wonderful people who have made this possible, who stood in the rain with me while trying to select colors and options, who managed the paperwork & lawyers, who put my hopes in their hands and made a wakeboarders dream come true. What a privilege, I am eternally grateful!!!

Everyone in the Mt. Dew, MasterCraft, Cope's & Ski World family from top to bottom have been an absolute pleasure to deal with… I can't say enough about the people I have had the pleasure of interacting with including Charlie Severen w/ Mt.Dew, Rob May @ MasterCraft, Ken Bernard w/ Cope & Mcphetres along with one of the top dealerships & personnel I have ever dealt with @ Ski World in Pleasanton - Dennis & Tony.

Talking with Mt. Dew, Cope's & Ski World they are almost as excited as I am to see this prize go to an actual wakeboarder, someone who loves the sport with a passion, someone who won't flip this boat on ebay and use it as it was intended to be -Live to Ride ~ Ride to Live!

-= peace =-
Aaron}

Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-06-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
WOW - Way kool Aaron.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-06-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Sick Aaron congrats.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
I like the flake in the gel...hot!

Congrats!
Eric
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-06-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Lzyboy ~ Now that's what I'm talking about. Glad to see the boat go to a fellow Wakeworld brotha as well and a great guy who loves the sport. A BIG Congrats to you.

This is a form of good Kharma coming back to you for all you have done to help others.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/274069.html?1135916433
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-06-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Thnx to All~

It's completely an utterly unbelievable, someones looking out, one luv! I am sitting on .3 hours & will be in double digits in a couple weeks and triple soon after - STOKED!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Congrats again Aaron. Nice to see good things happen to good people! See you on the water buddy.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
Yeeeee-ahhhh, can't wait for a pull. Congrats Aaron. Let me know when you want some lead for that thing.
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-06-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
congrats, glad to see that it will be put to use
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-06-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Wow....completly awesome. I have never spoken to you on here before Aaron, but congrats to you and have a TON offun with it. Kharma has a way of repaying the people who are good to other....I am big time jealous.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-06-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
That is awesome! Congratulations. So nice to see something that sweet go to a rider. Have fun, you lucky bastage!!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
you SOB...i don't even know you, but i already hate you. not only do you get a free boat, but it's one of the sweetest, best-looking boats on the planet
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
For those of you that don't know Aaron, he's done a ton for this sport, including the organizing of several local events. Aaron and the Gowakin crew were the first guys I met as a result of Wakeworld.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
That is so great!!! Congratulations! Very nice boat!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-06-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Congrats!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-06-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Congrats Aaron! Great to see someone win who deserves it! Have a blast!
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-06-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Awesome looking boat Aaron! Great color.

Flat out could not have happened to a nicer guy! Can't wait to see that thing on the water.

Give my best to Jen.

-Matt

PS Have you decided where you are putting your Mt. Dew tattoo?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-06-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
Unbelievable is right!!! Good for you! Enjoy it!
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
Pimp***** Metal Flake Aaron. Congrats. Can't wait to ride it!
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-06-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
Congrats Didnot even know about this contest
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
congrats aaron! it couldn't have happened to a better guy. you deserve it man!

do you realize how hard it was for me to keep quiet about this???
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-06-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Congratulations! The saying is true.. good things happen to good people.
:-)

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-06-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
So Stoked~

There was a post on wakeworld actually about it as well as entry forms at each one of the stops ( kinda like a X-Games). Like every lottery I do have to pay taxes, options, etc but by all means it is completely 200% werth it.

In Wakeboarding magazine a article came out that stated it was the biggest response to a contest they've had, just amazing. I can't wait to share the joy with others by hitting the water this weekend! Laughter, Joy, Smiles, Love ~ all kinds of crazy emotions running through my head. I will be at the CIE Spring Ride and have her out there along with virtually every sunny day here in Nor*Cal.

Wakeboarding is not a hobby, it's a lifestyle, just glad I can do Mt Dew & Mastercraft proud by using the H3LL outta this thing - LOL!

I would also like to send out huge props to Tony @ Ski World and all his staff. Even though I didn't buy / purchase the boat these guys were a tremendous help, bent over backwards to assist with options, colors, scheduling, delivery you name it. Tony has an abundance of information & really knows the MasterCraft line.

Many people on this site have said it before & I will say it again, it is no wonder Ski World sell's a lot of boats, the staff is top notch. If you are in the market, give em a shot you wont be disapointted.

____
A

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
unbelievable, congratulations man!! that is awesome.. i wish i had luck like that...

enjoy that baby, she's beautiful..!!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
wow way cool! congrats. that's awesome. i remember entering that contest and dreaming, dreaming like it would be like winning the lottery.

just one thing, and not to be a negative ned, but i thought the contest was for an 06? slight bummer i suppose

good luck with taht boat man, have a blast, you lucky *$#%!#$@ ;)
Old    swass            02-06-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Well, don't you suck! Congratulations.

Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-06-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
I've always wondered how much people have to pay out when they win something like that. Just out of curiosity could you fill us in on the process including what you had to pay for. If you don't want to share thats completely cool. Like i said before, just curious.
Old    obsurfer            02-06-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Lucky Dog good for you!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-06-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Totally cool. Good to see it went to a deserving WW'er. Look forward to seeing it @ Spring Ride. Congrads Aaron!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
matthew

i don't know for sure but he more than likely has to pay around 35% +/- of whatever the boat is valued at. it will be due on his 2006 taxes and basically reported as income. still an incredible deal and no need to worry about depreciation. not to mention, he'll be able to trade it in down the road for a new boat and have small payments. lucky bastard. ;)
Old    walt            02-06-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
Congrats Aaron !
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
I hate you. More pictures, please!!!
Enjoy.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-06-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Thanks Bruce

i thought it was something like that.
I remember reading about the better homes and gardens dream home give away and how in 10 plus years of giving away a new home, no one has been able to afford to keep it.

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Congrats killer to see it go to a person that truly loves the sport. Now when do I get my pull?
Old    w8less1            02-06-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
Sweet Deal Aaron. Im super stoked 4 Ya. congrats on your new boat
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
Nice!!!

"Did you do the Motorboat? You Motorboating son of B you ole sailor you!!!"
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Congrats Aaron. Just be careful with that fire flake red gelcoat. My buddy has that on his X-Star and the bass are trying to jump in the boat.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-06-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Well my good friend, you finally got it. You know no one deserves this better than you. I am sooooooooo happy for you and Jen. I so look forward to the Shasta trip to my Houseboat. I can't wait to see the new toy real soon.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-06-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
once again congrats big daddy. Cant wait for a pull :-)
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-06-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
THAT IS SOOOO BADASSS!!!!!! congrats my man. i'd be way stoked to be in your position.

have an awesome summer.
Old     (robert_t)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-06-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
Nice congrats on your new boat.
Old    mendo247            02-06-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
congradulations! beautiful boat..
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
Morning Guys/Gals,

Thnx for the kind wishes, it's so crazy & amazing, still hasn't fully set in, gonna be a kick A$$ summa and hope to see many of you out on the water this year.

Someone mentioned taxes and they were pretty close on the figures. Everything happens for a reason and after getting that phone call I new I would find a way to make it happen. I am selling off an older truck, setting up a budget, etc.. Where there is a will there is a way! ( 15K + loan much easier than a 60K ).

Squid, no problem bro, happy to hook ya up, gonna run her on sat, maybe sunday to get the break in done and dialed in then its all good!

Evan, Ill definately take some lead for the nose, not sure if I will need as much as you guys just yet but hopefully back stickin the old moves soon enuff.

Thanks again everyone, can't say thankyou enough, truly a life changing experaince - all smiles here!

Lzy

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Lzy WOW thats off the hook. With all the money you saved you can brng your X2 over and let us install a huge system in your new boat. Thats great how you got it. I like the quote from Ant about the Karma, I didnt even click on the link but I bet its about all your work with the homeless, When ever I see or hear your name that what I think about, your work with thoes people. Thats great. Glad to see a local and a Good Guy got it. Not like the Tools that win the SPY SANs and put them up for sale.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-07-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Whats up Aaron!! The boat looks good!!!! This just goes to show that good things happen to good ppl. Congrats bro. Can't wait to see it on the water.
later BG
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Wow! That is soooo cool! Congrats, Aaron!!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-08-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
HOLY CRAP! YOU'RE S T O K E D !!!

You've been an asset to this site and I just checked out the "Pay it Forward" thread (thanks Ant) and I agree that you deserve it man! Enjoy!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-08-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Smiling ear to ear thats for sure... =)

Looking FWD to breaking her in this weekend and getting the warmup / break in hours over with, see ya out on the Delta!

Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-08-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Aaron, take lot's of pictures this weekend.

Can't wait to see it in person.

I'm glad I no longer have to be the guy always towing when we hoof it to Shasta....ahhhhhh...Shasta. That thing is going to look sweet in LBC!

(Message edited by migitty on February 08, 2006)
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-08-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
Well deserved Aaron, after all the crap with your last boat. Enjoy your new toy :-)
Old    gw_mark            02-09-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Congrats Aaron!!! Can't wait to see it in the water either. Everything happens for a reason and I don't know anyone that could deserved it more!!!
Old    ren            02-14-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Aaron,

That's flippin amazing!!

I haven't been around due to I'm in the middle of a major remodel on the house, but I heard the good news through Matt so I wanted to say Congrats.

The colors are sweet.

Coooooo-Coooooo-Kaaaaa-Cheeeewwww throw me a double up!!!

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-14-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Congratulations Aaron. I have to be honest I'm a little jealous.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-15-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
Mark / Rene / Grant / Lance -

I haven't been able to sleep for weeks, as Charles said I guess it would help if I slept in my bed instead of the boat - LOL. Good hearing from ya Rene, looking FWD to seeing ya @ SLide for the Cure & on the water this year.

Here are some pics from this weekend:

BOAT SHOTS:
side
side2

TEMP & HOURS
temp
hours

WAKE:
wake

OLD RIVER:
butter

HIGH HIGH TIDE:

CREW:
crew
crew
crew

JROD:

It was the hardest thing I've done in a while to take the boat out and NOT ride behind it.... We got nearly 6 hours on the boat last weekend, driving from Stockton, to Lost Isle, to Railroad, to Skiers Beach to Union Point to Vics to Old River & back. Thanks Charles, Chris & gals for making it all - smiling EAR TO EAR...

_____
Lzy
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-15-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
What's Chris's last name? I swear I know that guy. Aaron, boats looking good congrats again.
Old     (gina_h)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-15-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat! The metal flake looks awesome on the water. Congrats!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-15-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
6 hours already huh? You're ready to ride! Time to throw an extra 500 on the floe!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-15-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Thanx G,

Im stooooked! Ski World gave me a couple different color options, Maroon, Yellow, Flat Grey & the Flake. I wanted something different, something original & I have never ran across this color scheme out here in Nor*Cal so it was an easy choice for me =)

Is it summa yet? JRod - I need to pick up some lead for the nose... Not as much as your ride last weekend, that thing was a PLOW'N through on ol river - hahaha!
____
Lzy
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-15-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Yes you do!

We had the wake dialed last weekend. It's nice when Chris Dykmans tells you your wake is "huge!"

I think at 6 hours I had an extra 300 over stock. By 10 hours I had a 250 sac in the nose and 300 in lead in the back. By 15 hours we ran about 500 in lead and the 250 sack. By 20 hours it was on! You're going to need about a thousand pounds.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-15-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
I love the X2 (X1 etc) wake...One of the cleanest wakes out there and a ton of fun to ride behind. That wake can virtually be whatever you want it to. Great looking boat.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-15-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Aaron,

Had a blast, the boat is sick. To bad you couldn't make it out sunday also.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
Heavy,
It's Williams.

Aaron,

Had a good time myself. Even though all I did was lay on the motorshed most of the day. Good times. I absolutely love the boat, can't wait to get some pulls.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-15-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
Yeah, baby.... Aaron you're a better man than I. We took my boat out for the demo, ran from the back side of Orwood to Disco Bay (1 hr), then filled the ballast and rode. Next time out we had the 500 sack in the nose and the time after that it was 500 sack in the nose, 200 lead under the front seats and 300 lead in the rear compartments. You get the idea..... I guess not the most ideal, but I picked mine up in June. It was time to ride. At least it's kinda cold right now so you've got that excuse.

Anyway, right on bro. I'm stoked for you. Say the word and we'll hook up for a pull I'll bring a little extra somthing for the nose of the boat. A couple hundo up there works wonders.

Peace