Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (dum101)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
im going to be in the tampa area in july and i was wondering if there is anyplace to go wakeboarding?
thanx for any info in advance
peace
DUM
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-10-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
Lake Carroll, White Trout Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lake Tarpon, and a slew of lakes in Odessa, Land o Lakes, and Lutz are your best options.

Lake Tarpon is the only one of those four, however, that are for public use - so you have to know someone that lives on the lakes...
Old     (dum101)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
I was thinking more along the lines of a place that rents boats, drivers, and boards scince im going to be on vacation with the wife.
but thanx for the info.
anyone else have a place?
k im out
peace
DUM

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-10-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
I think there's a ski school in Land O Lakes, but I've never been there. Other than that, nothing like that exists unless you go ride (pay for lessons) with Dave Briscoe in Winter Haven.

Sorry for the bad news.

You could always post on the "Need a pull" forum and see if you get any bites. If I still lived in Tampa I'm sure I could work something out with you!!
Old     (dum101)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-12-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
thanx for all your help.
mabye ill drag my boat down there, park next to the water, and hold up a sign.
k im off
peace
dum
Old     (jhoward)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-13-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
Lake Tarpoon is were I run at. It's got a nice shape to it, so that help block the winds. Nice size lake also.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-13-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
We ride at Lake Weir - about 45 min north of Tampa if you are looking for a pull - we go every weekend.
Try the find a third be a third discussion board, there are riders in the area that may be able to hook you up.