Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
My buddy has a 98 vlx he just got, and we are trying to figure out the way to weight this joker. right now we have got about 400 on both sides of the engine and about 350 in the ski locker with about 500 right in front of the back seats. we tried putting some weight up front but it made the wake to rounded at the top, we are lookin for a little more pop. Also, it seems like no matter what we do the passenger side wake doesnt get near as big as the driver side. Any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.
Old    luv2wake2            09-07-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
I have a 99 vlx and I have a awsome even wake. I also have a wedge, so you have to adjust for that. Without the wedge, I have 2 600 lbs on each side of the engine that I fill all the way, the 500 lb in the middle under the floor is full and I have 2 250 lbs in the front as far foward as I can get them plus I have 2 50lb sand bags underneath the front seats, then I usually have 4 or 5 people in the boat. When your loaded, and everyone is sitting where there going to be, have the boarder stand in the center of the boat and look at your swim deck. It should be level and under the water a few inches. Now if I drop the wedge, I only fill the back sacks about half full and that works out good. Get just a little more lip on the wake, with the wedge. . We run 22 to 24 mph 75 to 80 ft back and have a great wake. For the walleys, I run no weight and 18 mph, and they have plenty of a wake to work with. Remember the side of the wake that is washed out needs more weight. Hope this helps.