Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    djjstylz            09-03-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
I am a beginner and will be trying to get a pull soon. Up till now I've only been out with friends who had all the equipment. Besides my board/bindings, life jacket, gas money, food and drink what else will I need to bring so I don't have to bother others on the boat? Thanks guys.
Old    wakegal02            09-03-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
a good attitude that's the most important, i think.
Old    weeskatr109            09-03-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
just try not to get in other peoples way thats wat i do i really dont like to piss ne one off cuz then i normally get into a fight and someone ends up wit a broken nose later
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
maybe a towel. and be helpful.
Old    ramg66            09-04-2005, 12:19 AM Reply   
Gas money, now your talking, maybe you can replace a few losers that go out with me.
Old    260searay            09-05-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
dont forget the beer
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-05-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Ramg66, I was thinking the same thing
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-05-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
Most important and so often forgotten is help cleaning the boat afterwards. A simple wipe down with your towel after the boat is on the trailer goes a long way to getting invited back.
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-05-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Just DO the stuff Yo Mama Taught you!
If you see something that needs done!! DO IT!!
You will be Wanted Crew!

Scott
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
Ya, what Scott said. There's nothing I like more than someone who looks for things to do and does them. Way too often I drive, have to pull the rope in, have to make sure someone's holding the flag up. I have a friend who's been so good at noticing the small things that i let him take the boat out on his own now because I'm not worried about it. I have a cousin who after years of boarding together took the boat out with some other friends and didn't put the plug in, nor did he notice until he almost sunk my boat. Let the driver/ owner know that you're happy to do whatever you can.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-05-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
Jae hit it, helping with the boat afterwards is pretty key, we also have to lug all of our gear back up to the cabin, we really like guests that help with that. Helping with the rope and boards on the board racks is a plus also.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-05-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
Help take boards on and off racks, pull in rope, etc. Help unload boat after it is out of the water.

Oh yea, beer!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-05-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
Plane ticket - You're pretty far from Ohio.
Old    kgoofy            09-05-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
I just check out the article on not being that guy. It hit it right on. JUST dont be a tool and try and help out until the boat leaves for home. Gas helps but helping clean up is big for me.