Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    rolex            08-31-2005, 7:32 AM Reply   
Hi,

anyone of u some experience with the O'Brien Radon bindings? Quality and so on?

Thanx
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
they are nice but a SOB to get on....
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
I love them they are on the stiffer side, but i like that ( i feel i have more board control) I have no problems getting in and out, they are easier then my 3 year old broken in belmonts. They lace in the front and zip in the back which lets them open up real wide to put your foot in. The rubber is pretty smooth to slide into. The zipper and laces get caught in the boot if you dont tuck them away.
The foot beds are the best ive seen
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-31-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   

quote:

The foot beds are the best ive seen

have you tried lf's teams, transits or alphas? their footbeds are some of the most comfortable around. have you tried the '06 line of cwb bindings?

*end hijack*
Old    byerly137pro            08-31-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
I ripped the zipper right off when I was doing them up for someone.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
the zipper system also sucks....it slowly loosens its self as you ride....
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
FYI,

There are no zippers on any of the '06 O'Brien bindings.

Later,
jjakober

PS: Joe, have you tried any of the O'Brien bindings?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
are the 06s out yet?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-01-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
I wonder why they got rid of ZIPPERS!?!?!?!?!?

Since the day I laid my eyes on the 05 line of OBriens zipper bindings, I knew the idea was awesome. The raw durability of plastic zippers coupled with immense forces exerted on bindings makes me think the idea was a match made in heaven. The price of zippers must be directly related to the price of gas and are henceforth to expensive to produce. I am certain that reliability issues cannot be the problem, because zippers can take alot of stress.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
Hands down the best binders on the market. I ride the radons and love them. Dont worry about the plastic zippers those have been replace on the second generation of these bindings. Get them, use them. love the.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   
if u think those are the best binds on the market u obviously havent seen the new CWB, Or LF bindings

(Message edited by shavis on September 01, 2005)
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Toolfan,

My zipper hating friend, it's good to hear from you again!!

All I can say is I rode the original Argon bindings most of last year and half of this year and I didn't have any problems with the durability of the zippers!

Maybe someone from O'Brien reads this forum and couldn't help but notice how much you hate zippers and so they decided to remove them for the '06 line just to make you happy, or maybe it was a case of Live and Learn. Either way, the zippers are gone and the '06 bindings are better then ever.

I have been riding the '06 Radons and Argons for the last couple of months. The Radons are a full front lace up binding and are stiffer then the Argons. The Argons are a rear lace up binding with a power strap to lock your heel down. The power strap is integrated into the rear laces so when you tighten them up it also tightens the strap. I like the Argons a little better then the Radons because there are no laces over the front of your foot so my feet don't get crushed when I tighten them up.

Check them out if you get a chance.

jjakober

Old    rolex            09-01-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
Did anyone of u had any problems with the overlayers or the laces?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-01-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Jkober,
Im not knocking Obrien products, I just thought the zipper idea was simply dumb. I have ridden some old Ions and they were really comfy. The footbed was nice but the upper was so-so.

I would love to try Obrien's new stuff, but unfortunately NO ONE around my neck of the woods(and I mean woods) carries them.

Back to what you were saying...I hope they removed the sippers just to make me happy.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
better than closed toe boots
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
CWB and LF have alot more to offer than closed toe....and i wouldnt be knocking the close toe b4 you try it...
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
I tried the CWB's, LF's, Hyperlites, before i bought the obiens. didnt like the fit of the obiens, the lf lacked support, the HL's were way overpriced for what you got. I tired the argons and got pressure points where the binding bends around the anckle. The radons were easy in easy out, had great support, which is more important then most people think, priced right and the foot beds are better then the rest. I've had no problems with the zippers and would be disipointed to see them go away. Having the bindings open in the front and back was a really good feature in my mind. The new CWB's with the folding backs look good to.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
dont be dumb buy obrien
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
ive had way too much warranty bs w/ obrien product to go there ever again...
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2005, 9:49 PM Reply   
I have a pair of OB Radons Large new in a box for sale. $250usd including shipping in US or CAN.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
what are "binders?"

quote:

By J Jakober (jjakober) on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 7:16 am:

PS: Joe, have you tried any of the O'Brien bindings?

tried 'em on? yes. ridden 'em? no. maybe the '06 line will be comfortable enough for me to try riding in them.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
binders rule