Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (the_regulator)      Join Date: May 2004       08-10-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
I'm just lookin to make the season last a little longer, i'm from Ohio so its gonna start to cool down soon. Any advice for what kinda wetsuit, drysuit i should get for water in the 50's or whatever it might be in late october, early november. just a wetsuit top, shrotie, full body, or even a drysuit?? Thanks
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-10-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Drysuit all the way. Here in Texas, with a drysuit you can ride year round. I imagine in Ohio you could extend it a couple of months in both directions.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-10-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Get the drysuit. Bite the bullet and pay the $250-$300. I did it this spring and started riding on April 7th up here in minnesota. I plan to ride until mid november this fall too. There is nothing better than getting into the boat and being dry when it is cold out. I have a bare ultra and it works great. Ocassionally a few water drips when taking hard falls. I think it gave me more confidence to do tricks because it is like wearing a big fluffy bag. Falls hurt a lot less. Also, if you want to ride with many people, a drysuit will help you do that late into the season. I have fit my little cousin, who is 10 and about 5' 100lbs into my large drysuit with no problem, so sizing is not an issue. Just make sure it is big enough.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-10-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
check these guys out

http://www.shuswapsnb.com/O'Neill.html

copy and paste it to the adress bar

personally i would buy the oneil boost, but the bare ultra is what i have and its pretty sweet
Old    walt            08-10-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
Get the Boost
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-10-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
i have the bare ultra..haven't got to wear it yet but i got a real good price on it

i have a shorty wetsuit and it looks queer, so i just went to shorts/rashguard in the spring (in texas)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
ever since i got my drysuit, i have not used a wetsuit. go from drysuit to trunks. beauty of a baggy drysuit is that you can wear a lot of clothing underneath when it is super cold or just trunks when it is warmer
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-10-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
I started riding winters in the Delta for the first time this last year. I rode with a dry suit a few times, then went out and bought a 3/2 wet suit. I didn't think it was that bad, even when it was a combined temp of 79 degrees (42 water and 36 air). I brought a big blanket, and wrapped up between runs. I didn't think it was that bad.. but it could have been the Alaska upbringing!!
Old    howie            08-10-2004, 11:09 PM Reply   
I rode last year at calero and cayote with a spring suit I had not enough cash to get one and when I did not my size. 41° water sucks but hot dam with coffee and hot coco does the trick. man doing what it takes to ride man
Old    the_friend            08-10-2004, 11:18 PM Reply   
If your going to be riding in the winter i would definatley go with a drysuit. I use a bare ultra drysuit. I purchased it from gotriver.com. I really like this suit it is cheap and basic but works extremely well it only leaks if u come crashing down from a huge invert. I would also look into a wet tech dri lite suit.