Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-06-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
i read somewhere on an old post about a guys fuel pump going bad because he ran out of gas and tried to restart his engine.

i unfortunately ran out of gas this past weekend also. i noticed we were low on gas too late and started to head to the dock. about a 1/2 mile away, i ran out and got towed in. as soon as i felt the gas "hesitate" or "putter", i killed the engine. i didnt try and restart the engine or anything and just put it on the trailer and drove home.

my question is....before i go out next weekend, do i need to be worried? or can i just go fill up with gas and head to the lake? its not easy to go put the boat in the water around here to make sure everything runs right, but i will if some of you who know more about this than i do think that i should test it out first. thanks for the help.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-06-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
Matt.....I've run out of gas in my X2 about 4 times and each time kept trying to crank it to creep us in (which didn't work btw)....each time I just filled it up with gas and was good to go.

The comment about the fuel pump burning up was relayed to me by the service manager at the MC store here in Dallas.

I think you should be fine.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       07-06-2004, 8:13 AM Reply   
I ran out of gas this weekend in my X2. I was about 1/2 mile from Bull Frogs in the Delta. Turned the key on and off a few times to prime the pump and it fired right up no problems. Thank you to the guys in the Tige for towing me and my family in. It was nice to see you guys at Lost Island. If I didn't have my kids with me I would have stayed and partied with you.
Old    caval            07-06-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
Ran out of gas once in my Tige 20V. Gauge read 1/4 left, so tried restaring but tank was dry. After refueling, it took a good 20 minutes for it to start. Lucky I had a new battery. Was about a year ago, no problems since.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
You're O.K., Matt. Just don't go making a habit of running out of fuel on a weekly basis.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-06-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
i will do my best on that one jeff. as for the fuel, we rode less on monday than any other day. i guess i had more weight in it that day. who knows.