Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-22-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
I am trying to learn a basic HS backroll. Just got some video of my attempts from last night (sorry I can't post it). I notice that I have the pop and come down on my board (usually), but I am always rotating towards revert. One time I actually came down on my board switch (about a millisecond before I bailed hard). What am I doing wrong?
Old    mr_mutt            06-22-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Not landing it revert...

I haven't landed one MYSELF, but my understanding is that when people roll to revert they are pulling hard on their trailing hand, pulling the rope to the trailing hip and causing the rotation. Try to keep the rope on the leading hip, or even release the trailing hand on the landing. This roll naturally wants to revert, based on the axis about which you're rolling.

Again, that's an outsider looking in and not from someone who has stuck the roll themselves.
Old     (blackhash)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-22-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
make sure you look over your lead shoulder have plenty of weight on your heels and if you still go to revert let go with your back hand
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-22-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
let go with your back hand so you won't go to revert
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-23-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. I believe I was pulling the rope to my back hip so that makes sense. I will try it out tomorrow night.

If I try lrtting go with my back hand, does it matter when in the trick I attempt this?

(Message edited by jonm on June 23, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
I would wait until you are inverted (at least half way through) before you let go. Otherwise you may loose rope tension which would slow down your rotation.