Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    tall__andy            06-05-2004, 4:57 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if it will hurt the kiteboard?
I have a Litewave 138 that I would like to use to wakeboard with so I can have the other set up with smaller bindings for guests.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       06-05-2004, 7:24 AM Reply   
So you wanna ride a kiteboard as a wakeboard? Well I know it doesnt hurt to ride a wakeboard as a kiteboard. But kiteboards may me a little harder to ride behind a boat but try it out it shouldnt hurt it.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-06-2004, 2:11 AM Reply   
I have tried it. The board I tried was very unstable due to lag of rocker line an "water channels" underneath. It was fun but very difficult.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-07-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
I used a friend of mines kite board in the Keys over the weekend - behind a boat. It was very unstable and hard to line up any tricks. The fins were so deep that they wouldnt release.
Besides, the kiteboards are lighter weight so I dont think they would hold up long behind a boat. Just my experience with it....
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-07-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
yeah wakeboards are more universal... but kiteboards are made for kitboarding. Of course you can ride behind a boat with it, but its not made for the boat, and not recommended. Issues like Ted said. Overall get a wakeboard for the boat.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
i wouldn't wakeboard with a kiteboard but I would go Kiteboarding with a wakeboard.