Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (weygone)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-20-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
Right now I have some 02 ultras. Last year they fit me perfect but now ive grown out them. What do yall think about the alphas? How do they compare to the ultras? Have any of yall had problems with them?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-20-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Ive been riding with the Alpha's for about 6 months now and I love them. The are super confortable and easy to get in and out of when you want. They have a plush footbed that takes the shock out of any landing. And if you share your board/bindings with friends & Family these are the perfect bindings, because they are easy to get in , comfortable, and adjustable for different size feet.
Wakeside.com has them for $199 /free shipping and $20 off your next order. great deal
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-21-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
I have them and love them also. Great bindings for the money.

SFH
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-21-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
Got some for my son. He seems to like them, no complaints.
Old    gaboarder            06-21-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
I love mine. They were a little tight the first couple of weekends, but they eventally broke in.
Old     (weygone)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-21-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
I wear size 13 and my ultras ars xls, would xl alphas be good too?

Thanks,
chris
Old    wakechick            06-22-2004, 5:16 AM Reply   
You may want to try them on (if you can) before you get them. You still might need an XL in the Alphas, but I know my Alphas fit a lot bigger than my '03 Exos. I have medium Alphas and I think I could have probably gone with a small. No worries though, I can always bring them in more.

The comfort is unbelievable in these bindings, not to mention how easy they are to get in and out of compared to any of the '03 LF bindings.

Like Stanfield said, you can't go wrong with the those bindings for the price you pay.
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
Bonnie,
What size shoe do you wear? I was looking at these bindings...do you get any heal lift??
Would a medium fit size 7 shoe or should I go for a small? My belmonts are a mini-medium.
thanks,
Sharon
Old    wakechick            06-22-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
Sharon, I'd say go for small bindings with a size 7 shoe. I wear between an 8 and 8 1/2 size shoe and the medium Alphas are just a little big. They fit perfectly at first, but as they have broken in they have stretched just a little.

I do not get any heel lift at all, but sometimes I feel like I can't tighten the top overlay down enough with the laces to get a good tight fit.

You should be okay with a small, but definitely try them on before you buy if you can. Mine felt really snug when I first tried them on and I thought they would make my foot fall asleep, but they never did. They are the most comfortable binding I have put my foot in.