Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    wakebrdr4evr            06-19-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
Hey all, Im new to this post and prety new to wakeboarding. Please dont get mad if some of these questions seem dumb... or just abvious. I may be new to wakeboarding but I love it. I live in NC and wakeboard on a lake called Lake Norman, and I have ben really frustrated lately with the Air I have ben getting on my 18' Four Winns boat. I wakeboard on a hydro slide beginner board and I think the wake is large enough to at least clear the wake, but all I can seem to get is about a foot off the watter. I do tie my rope to the bottom stern of boat and was woundering if having the rope tied in a higher position (like a wake board tower) is what give people so much Air? Haha, even though I only get a foot of Air I am totally stoked to get more, you know what im sayen? (sorry for long post)
Old    mstar            06-19-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
yeah man you have to get you a pylon. i have a 18' sea ray, probably alot like yours with the rope hold at the bottom of the stern. i was getting 3 ft max with it. the pylon changes alot im doubling that air if not more. you can get them that come off when youre just cruising around; thats how i persuaded my dad to get one. how is the wakeboarding at norman? i always head to jordan; there are some nice coves but i never see many people out.
Old    wakebrdr4evr            06-19-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
Yeah bro its nice, weekends are the worst as you can imagine with 42 thousand boats registered, but diring the week days its awesome. Sometimes you get a mild wind that makes a little chop. But yeah so were did you get this pylon? It sounds Like I could use one that just ties down that you can take off when you want to just cruise. I can probly persuaded my dad aslo seeing as that he wake boards to, haha and he is 45. He is still learning though, it brings him back to his surfing days in Florida.
Old    mstar            06-19-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/skylon_wakeboard_pylons/skylon_the_pod

i believe thats where my dad got it.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-19-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
austin you should head over to www.endofropegang.com its just a bunch of NC, VA riders. its a good place to meet some people
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-20-2004, 12:30 AM Reply   
ballast doesnt hurt either.
Old    wakebrdr4evr            06-20-2004, 7:16 AM Reply   
Sweet, thanks for the link I'll check it out. Thanks for the responses also.