Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    mstar            06-15-2004, 5:14 PM Reply   
hey guys i finally purchased me a '04 TFD with split bindings. this is my first board, so any suggestion on basic stuff like putting on the bindings, how tight to screw them, where and hat angle, stuff like that. also any riding suggestions for my first day on it tomorow. thanks a bunch, i cant wait to get out there with it.
Old    deiselgrover            06-15-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
Congrats. On the screws you want to hand tighten, but don't crank on it and check them after every run or so. My only other advice is to charge at it and have a great time, and welcome to wakeboarding! You'll never be the same!

(Message edited by deiselgrover on June 15, 2004)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
Your TFD needs 0.7 fins really REALLY bad... take a set with the stock 1.1 then change them out to the 0.7 and you'll see what I'm talking about and swear by it!!! The board is amazing, super fast, super quick reacting, great pop, and smooth landings! Chad Sharpe isn't too bad himself..
Old    leftcoastpunk            06-15-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
Paul, he is a beginner, he prolly shouldnt be stepping down to looser fins just yet. Justin, Ive had my 04 TFD since last october and I love it. When youre ready to get a little looser feel, switch those A-Wings out for 0.8 P-Wings, they'll give you a much smoother release of the wake. Enjoy the board bro.
Old    txwkbrdr06            06-15-2004, 8:54 PM Reply   
Stand on your board before you put your bindings on to see where you will be comfortable; they should end up being about shoulder width apart. And yeah, check the screws every now and again when you ride. If you have been wakeboarding for a while, then both bindings should be about the same angle, slightly outward. If not, angle both your feet more to the front until you get more comfortable. Hope that helps!
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-15-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
jump off a chair onto ground, when you land look at how your feet landed naturaly-angle and width, then set your board up accordingly. This works for most people including me but if you find that this isnt a good stance for you experiment with different angles. Anyway have fun out there and dont get discouraged, it takes time to get good
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-16-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
the 0.8 P wings will make it looser then the 0.7 A wings and personally I don't think it matters if your a beginner or not... The Liquid Force trip is considered a great beginner board by many people and the TFD with the smaller fins is still alot more locked in the the Trip.... LEFTCOASTPUNK.. I understand what your saying and all but from my experiance the 1.1 just aggravate the whole ridding expereince with a very uptight ride that wont release off the wake at all, just doesn't allow the TFD to live up to it's potential.......... Sorry bout to go ride spelling is horrible
Old    leftcoastpunk            06-16-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
Paul, I know the .8 p-wings will be looser than the .7 a-wings, thats why I put them on. I wasnt flaming on you in anyway in my above post. I know alot of beginners that like a board that tracks hard, especially if it is rough water. Calm down Paul, I was dogging you. Peace bro
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-16-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
Justin, if this is your first board, stay with the 1.1 until u get the feel of the board, then change to the .7
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
Michael.... I didnt think you were being uptight at all, I just fell in love with the TFD when I switched the fins. I was about to sell the board before I changed the fins so it made a HUGE differance to me.
By the way, have you ridden with the 0.7 A wings because I'm intrested in how much different the P wings are. Can you compare it to how another board rides? Thanks
Old    leftcoastpunk            06-17-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
When I first got the board, I liked it, but wasn't exactly loving it like I did my Drifter (which broke, which is why I had to get the Parks because I wanted to wait and get the 04 TFD long story) the reason I really didnt like it was because the fins were not allowing me to release off the wake which was causing me to get rocked on my spins. I had the a-wings off the 3rd time I rode it. I got the P-wings because I just hated the a-wings and I didnt think that I would like even the smaller a-wings. I really cant compare it to any other board as far as overall ride is concerned, but it rides about as loose as a premier if I had to compare tracking, the TFD is much faster though. Try out the p-wings if you can bro, I love the board with them on.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
hmm... guess i'm going to have to do that. when and if I can i'll post what differences I felt. Thanks!

Justin....., so what do you think about your new setup?????????
Old    mstar            06-18-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
thanks guys for all your input, yeahh ill switch fins maybe next summer. hah i just drained all my money at the board shop. i love my setup, the boards great but i cant tell about the bindings yet, i only rode for ten minutes when i tried them out because theyre a size too small and my toes were a dark purple. but even though they were tight, still comfortable. the board is definitely fast, but all i can compare it to is a bs stingray ive ridden. but i can already tell its gonna make my summer 100 times better, i already love it. hopefully ill get some bigger splits in soon so i can really tell what i think about the setup.

also, those a wings sure can rip some carpet and boat seat vinyl
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2004, 1:18 AM Reply   
Yea you really gotta be careful with the A Wings.... By the way try and get some 2003 Liquid Force Ultras, they are cheap now and will be 100 times better then the splits.....
Old     (ccubillo)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
justin, I have a TFD with the .7 A wings and love it. Most board shops will swap out the fins for free (I even ordered my board online and got them to switch out the fins). Good luck.