Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-16-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
I'm having some serious issues with my 2 Cadence Z4000 amps installed in my X2 (one bridged running the sub and the other 4ch running 2 towers and 4 6.5" Clarion marines). These amps are 18mos old and around Mem Day last summer I started having problems with the amps cutting out after they had been playing for a while. The interesting this is that the 4ch playing the tower and boat speakers only cuts out the towers -the boats will play all day although the tweeters will cut off occassionally. I've tried changing the channels to the towers and that doesn't work either.

The system seems to run fine when the temp stays under 80deg but once it gets above that they have serious problems. I took the amps apart last weekend and it appears that their cooling system is severly lacking. I modified the cover on the amp to allow freer flow to the heat sinks and installed a new cooling fan (larger).

I re-installed the amps last nite to try them out and now I'm getting O sound of out both of them. I checked and both are getting 12.v power and their power lights show them to be on but no sound.

Any ideas?
Old    jjswierd            04-16-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Look up www.crossfirecaraudio.com and locate your nearest dealer. Sell that stuff and go with crossfire. It is some of the best stuff on the market. And reasonable priced. They will also warrenty anything with any problem.

But to answer your question. when you changed out the cooling fan it could be shorting something out. I would put the old one back in and see if it works and then go from there.