Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-08-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Just got off the phone with Duane from NVS and we are the proud owners to be of a set of 1010's. Duane was a pleasure to talk to on the phone and seems to have a sound knowledge of how to keep the wakeboarding community happy. I can't wait to get my set late April, and seem to be the first in Texas to have a pair. Just thought I would let you guys know. Cheers Matt
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-08-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
Nice!! Show me some pics..
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-08-2004, 5:34 PM Reply   
Oh and how long until you get them?
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-08-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
And one more.. What amp are you going to power it with and how much is it?? Thanks in advance..
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-09-2004, 3:28 AM Reply   
Orion 8004, and CDM it was funy Dawne asked if I was going in with you and splitting a pair....April 19 is soft ship date. So may get the sooner may not. Good guys none the less... Matt
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
Not a bad idea!! lol.. Can't wait to see them.. or was it one?? j/k
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Matt, So if you had deceided to go with one 1010 would you power it with the Orion 4002? Half the speakers half the power. How many pairs of terminals are there per speaker? I know very little about this stuff.. Thanks again..

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13475
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-09-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
As far as I understand it's one set of terminals per unit. Also if you have an amp like the 4002 which it would seem is a great choice being 400w at 4 Ohm. The unit as I understand it is something like 2.7 ohm so with less resistance that Orion amp will actually be putting out more power and should sound great. I've always loved my Orion stuff but any quality amp putting out 400w at 4 ohm will work according to Duane. Cheers, Matt
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-11-2004, 11:10 PM Reply   
Yes, Matt is correct with the "quality amp putting ut 400w at 4 ohm" as this will do the job nicely for one of the Entity units.
Each Entity is supplied with both ends of a Neutrik Spekon connector to facilitate your connection in a top quality "Speaker Level" quick release method.
cdm, I feel your pain and frustration with your Tower speaker delema. It's unfortunate that such a high end boat comes with such ...uh...ineffective tower speakers. Do the lights on the other side present a legal situation in your area? If not, you might consider complete replacement, not just trying to augment or improve on the current situation.
The only thing else I can do for you is put you up for a couple days on the Cali Delta while you ride your a@@ off each day listenting to your favorite tracks and making up your mind.
But you have to buy the beer.
Good luck,
D out