Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (JCleary)      Join Date: Dec 2016       08-11-2017, 8:15 AM Reply   
Brian at Skier's Choice hooked me up with Brent at Boat Country. They took in my boat last month and went to work. They verified all my complaints and executed repairs.

The selling dealer did not perform a required retrofit prior to delivering the boat. Evidently some 2016 boats were shipped with an incorrect wire harness installed, resulting in the screen and computer module to fight for a ground. A new harness was to be installed prior to running the boat. If it wasn't replaced, then use of the boat would damage the screen and module. Which is apparently what happened on my boat.

Boat Country replaced the screen module and harness. While water testing they discovered that the surf system was indeed wired backwards. The right tab would deploy instead o the left and vice versa. They rewired the connector and now it works as designed.

Turns out the epic stereo feedback was due to a defective RCA cable.

Overall Boat Country had about 12 hours of work diagnosing, repairing, and water testing the boat. It is now MUCH better. I put another 20 hours on it in the past two weeks, and most everything works as it should. The things that aren't right have nothing to do with Boat Country. (7 speaker lights that don't work, and the stereo switching inputs on its own when you restart the boat).

Boat Country went above and beyond in repairing my boat. Brent and his crew are great people with awesome customer service. I can't say enough about their shop and the professional manner in which they dealt with me, even though I didn't purchase the boat there. They even returned my boat cleaner than when I dropped it off.

It really highlights the importance of having a good dealer.

Also a big thanks to Skier's Choice for helping me out. Great customer service from them as well, better than expected.

Last edited by JCleary; 08-11-2017 at 8:19 AM. Reason: grammar, punctuation