Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-28-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
I asked about the Malibu Plant in Merced closing the other day, and it was removed.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-28-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
yes they do you cant question the moderators at all i had the same thing happen to me
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-28-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
The mods probably remove some that are rumor based. They may be a little biased though and remove something negative about Malibu because of the relationship Dave has to Malibu.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-28-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
David, wah, wah wah!!

Anthony, there is a reason for removing posts and my email address is available all over the site if you'd like to send me a note and ask why.

I removed your thread about the Malibu plant closing because it was not true and false rumors can really hurt companies. I did the same thing recently with a thread that promoted a rumor about MasterCraft filing for bankruptcy.

Although I certainly can't be the truth police on a discussion board of this size, when major issues such as these come up and I can take two minutes out of my day to help avoid a company getting unwarranted bad publicity, I just might do it. In both cases I made a simple call to the factory to find out the truth.

Sorry about the sarcasm above, but when people like David post stuff like that just to be inflammatory rather taking two minutes to send me an email and find out the truth, it gets frustrating. Luckily, it's extremely rare!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-28-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Ahh, Brett, casting dispersions on my integrity. Awesome! I guess you feel a little foolish after my previous post since I have no "relationship" with MasterCraft. Again, great to see people being inflammatory just because they can. I guess I should amend my last sentence from the previous post.

"Luckily, it's extremely rare!"

Damn, I'm in an ornery mood tonight!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-28-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
yeah you are, and it's awesome!
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-28-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
David, you have always removed the posts i would have if it was my site. job well done! ty
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-28-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Other threads that need removing -

- wetsounds vs nvs vs hse
- malibu vs mastercraft
- mastercraft vs malibu
- CC vs malibu
- CC vs. mastercraft
- which board pops the most
- I bought this did I get a good price
- will this amp work
- Flex vs non-flex
- got a question about wetsounds but don't want to ask Tim
- hey I got this PM but instead of ignoring it or telling Dave I am gonna post it

I will try and find some more for you Mr. Ornery-Williams;)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-28-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
This is the best run wake sports forum period!
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-28-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
very nice smackdown. Those threads are crap and it's nice to not have to read them
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-28-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
Yeah it gets really old seeing wetsounds posts every day sometime like 5 different posts. The products are awesome and the customer service is up there too. Why people dont pick up the phone and call is just ridiculous. Same for the which boat is better threads. Just go demo and make a decision based on YOUR needs. I'm ready for summer and to start seeing engine trouble threads lol. Not that I wish it upon anyone, but those threads always seem to be incredibly useful.
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-28-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
OK...I understand thanks for responding to my question.
I see where you are coming from.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-28-2009, 11:33 PM Reply   
how about the wakeboard recovery drink thread? That one was awesome. I love beer!
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-28-2009, 11:41 PM Reply   
I am just amazed my name as not come up,LOL.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-29-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
DAN DULONG calisse.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-29-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
Its nearly summer...isn't it about time for a boat-bun?
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       03-29-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
Pete LOL!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-29-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
I posted a thread in September that blasted a local dealer for the way that they treated me. Just a few weeks ago, the dealer found the thread. The owner then sent an email to Mr. Williams stating that many of my facts were not straight and asked the thread to be deleted since it could hurt his business. He directly lied to David about several items.

Mr. Williams deleted the thread and was kind enough to let me know.

Wakeworld cannot verify the truth of every complaint, wasting hours of time. David just does the best he can, and overall this site can be a great place for information.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
If some one does you wrong then FLAME them every chance you get. Keep people aware of how they may be treated. For the people who don't like seeing certain threads posted. Well that's simple. Don't click on that thread. This board is awesome. Let's not ruin that.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-30-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
I apologize Dave. I am not really sure why I felt the need to say that. No matter what the reason was it was out of line. You do run a great website that is a great place for wakeboard enthusiasts to gather to share info, tips and discuss what is important to us. Thanks, and again I am sorry.

Brett