Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-23-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
Hey all,

We want to upgrade our ballast pump and wondering the best place to buy it. I know there was a recent post about the process but I still dont know where to buy. TIA
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-24-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
the bottle neck in the supra system is not the pump size it's the hose size. Best way to fill faster on a supra is add another pump or increase the hose size.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-24-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
I think the 3/4" hose size would be fine if it weren't for the manifold/irrigation valves. That is really where the bottle neck occurs since you have one pump feeding in through 3/4" line which then splits out to three separate 3/4" lines. Therefore you can never fully utilize the individual lines going to the bags no matter what size pump you put on the intake (since you won't shove more water through the intake line/manifold).

I can tell you that adding another pump as suggessted above makes a world of a difference. I basically capped off the manifold output to the center bag and attached that to a new pump with shut off and irrigation switch. I wired it up so that it works just like stock however now the center/front bag has a dedicated pump and the two rears share the original stock pump.

Huge improvement.

(Message edited by schmo on July 24, 2008)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-24-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Dave nailed it, this is the best/cheapest way to do it.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Dave - I assume you drilled another thru-hull?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
Rule 4000 is amazing, make it work....

if we fill all our ballast
800 rear
700 mid
600 front it takes about 5 min
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-24-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Yes, new hole.

Pics of some of the install can be found in this thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/576769.html?1211144451