Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-22-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Yesterday evening when we were out riding.. I was pulling one of my buddies and the throttle arm popped completely out of its socket. Luckily it popped right back in and I was able to drop my rider and slow down to neutral. I have a 97 super sport 210 and the silver piece that holds the throttle arm is loose and can be pulled out of its socket. The silver piece seems to be what controls the "neutral position" and I can spin it either clockwise or counter-clockwise and change the neutral position of the arm(the arm maybe pointing at the back of the boat but it is in neutral).If the arm is pushed and held in it can be put into and out of gear forwards and in reverse, but nothing seems to be keeping it in place.

I have quickly looked back behind the sidewall where it is mounted and it didnt seem to have any bolts that hold the actual arm..There is a screw that goes through the bottom part of the black arm but it is tight and doesnt seem to be the problem..maybe there's something inside the body?? It was just towed about 200 miles so maybe something inside the throttle control body has rattled loose and fallen out.

I had to work all day today but will get a chance tomorrow to take it apart and get a better look at it. Has anyone ever had a problem like this or even had their arm come loose (alittle shake side to side)?

Thank you so much in advance for helping me out.

Chris
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
bump

I'll take a look at my boat today and see if I can see anything to help you. If you can't fix it by this weekend and you need a pull I'll have my boat at my usual spot.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-24-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
Maybe there is a circlip like a car window winder.
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-24-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
I got a chance to take the side panel off this morning and with a call to white lake marina I was able to figure out that a screw had come loose and once tightened, the arm was held back in place. Thanks guys.

Blair.. Hows your arm?

CH
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
Its good to go now I'm going out to the Honey hole as soon as I get off work.