Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-08-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
This is my first time going. What are the riding conditions one can expect? What is there to do within 30 min of the hotel/site that kids would be interested in? Besides bars scene.
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-08-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
Most people put in at Willamette Park, which is on the south side of downtown, and cross the river to ride behind Ross Island. If it's a nice day, it will probably be pretty crowded, so you would need to hit it up in the morning to get the good glass. Depending on where you are exactly, you might want to try and put in at Charbonneau in Wilsonville, or Roger's Landing in Newburg. If you're on the East side, I like to ride at Chinook Landing in the Columbia. The Columbia is a much cleaner river, a little less crowded, but a little more current. As far as kids go...maybe the zoo? There are bunch of parks and things too
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-08-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Sorry guys I should have said conditions for the Tige Pro Am?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-08-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
Riding conditions are usually pretty good, lake is small and fairly protected. How old are the kids?
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-09-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
12 & 10 ARE KIDS AGE. Just looking for a few things to do while in town
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-09-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
bring the snow boards and hit the mountain (1 hr away). head to the coast (1.5 hrs away).
go to OMSI (science museum thing). take a jet boat tour on the willamette river (portland jet boat tours that leave from OMSI). go to Mt St Helens (1-1.5 hr away). Seattle is 3 hrs away and cool to drive up and see.
good luck and hope the weather is nice for you!
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-09-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
Is there camping near the comp at all? Do a lot of people just say at hotels or on-site?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-09-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
i don't think there is any camping there.... i may be wrong though....
I think it is at Blue Lake Park right? It is east of town about 10-15 miles. Not much out there, but the airport. I would suggest staying downtown and getting a rental car to go out there as it is a pretty boring area.....
There are some camping spots as you head another 30 miles east down the gorge... Ainsworth State Park and it is right my Multnomah falls and Oneonta Gorge. Another couple things to do....