Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            11-20-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
How many fin boxes can you put in a TWP Bullet? At least 5! :-)

Testing a quad on the Mule. The rear set are placed with no toe-in and no cant. I don't really have the volume in the tail that I'd like to work with, but the rear sets are installed 4.75 inches rearward of the leading fins.

Most quads are found on a bat tail, so I am doubtful that this configuration will give the best results, but it should give us an indication as to how it will work with a single concave.

I LOVE the concept of the quad, but as yet haven't found a setup that thrills me for behind the boat.

Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            11-20-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
The front fins are single foiled SB1's - 4.00 depth. The rear fins are double foiled TT1's - 3.25 depth
Old    surfdad            11-24-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
This was great fun. We don't have the optimum setup for the quad's but this was getting closer. We tried a few different fins, vector 437's and some 2 3/8's in the rear. My favorite was the 4.00 I think G1 front and double foiled TT1 3.25's in the back.

Increases drive significantly, without stiffening up the tail.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            12-12-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
I picked up some additional quad sets today...the Vector II 438's have a messed up trailing fin, so I'll need to get that replaced.

The Scimitar 451's are one of the wildest looking fins I've ever seen and coupled with the 3.75 pivots they look aggressive.

Upload
Old    surfdad            12-12-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
This shot shows the Vector II 438's in the foreground and the Scimitar 451 in the background. Note the difference in the trailing fins.

Upload
Old    surfdad            12-12-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Actually the Scimitar's are in the foreground and the 438's are in the background. Sorry!