Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
So we were out having a hassle free time on the lake and decided to call it a day, so we headed back to the launch. We were idling around the dock, and proceeded to the dock to drop off someone to back up the trailer. As we were idling towards the dock, one of the members of our crew way laying on the middle of the sunpad. Out of nowhere a sheriff truck towing a boat stormed the ramp and a deputy and another officer came running down the ramp, pretty much like he was going to draw a gun on us. This was the most disrepectful and rude officer I have ever encountered, and after doubting the validity of my boaters safety license proceeded to tell us, after scolding me the driver and the passenger on the sunpad, that he stopped us because it is extremely dangerous for someone to be sitting there, because they could easily fall off and be injured by the prop. He didn't issue a ticket; just left a really bad taste in our mouth about the whole afternoon of boating.

Which brings me to this... has anyone else been hassled by this issue, or have any input on this? I also am questioning if this is a law in MI or not. I understand that the swim platform would be an issue with the motor running, or even the pad at any speed above idle, but we didn't even think we were doing anything wrong here...

What do you think wakeworld?