Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (klpnautique)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-15-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Well, just a chance to laugh at me.....Woke up to a beautiful morning here in NorCal and thought "I am gonna drop the boat in the lake (Berryessa) and go for a cruise." I needed to put the boat in the water and check on a few things and make sure all of the improvements were working properly. Well, since I went up by myself, I had to launch by myself, no biggie. Launch it, tie it off, park the truck, untie it, cruise. Easy right? Should be, but in my "it is such a nice day" haze, I forgot to pull the rope into the boat after I untied it from the dock. Clicked it in gear and instantly remembered the rope, but not before it had wrapped up a bit on the prop and shaft. 17 years of driving boats, both recreationally and professionally, and I finally wrapped a rope. So, I stripped down to my shorts and hopped in, swam under the boat to unwrap the rope. Let me tell ya, 54 degree water in trunks to untie the rope around the shaft is not fun. This should still be easy right? Well it was, until I found out how damn sharp the prop really is. I cut my hand in 3 places while yanking on the rope and when I got out of the water, I was bleeding like a stuck pig! FUN! Had to take the boat to the lake didn't I? So, after unwrapping the rope, doctoring up my hand, and wiping up all of the blood that was everywhere, I got to go for a cruise on the lake. The day was great, after a slow start. Moral of the story, props are sharp, stupid happens, and it helps to keep the rope out from under the boat, LOL. Summer will be here soon.....RD