Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-16-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
I bought my brother a balance 140 with exos and was wonedering if anyone has had the following problems with the exos (and your solutions):

The supplied hardware; screws and washers were nice bits, not the cheesy thumb screws that some come with. The binding baseplates have a corrugation (step-up) next to the rubber, likely for plate stiffening. Unfortunatly, the bend in the baseplate on either the insides or the outsides (can't remember right now!) gets in the way of the washers. This leaves the washer at a slight angle, and the threads not into the board as deep as they would be if it was flush. The other sife of each binding remains flush. Needless to say, one hard fall and one screw ripped right out of the threads. We have fixed this with a different screw/washer setup (always keep all your extra hardware in the boat!!) and it works ok now, but I don't understand why the included hardware doesn't work properly.

The second problem is actually occuring on the other sides of the bindings. It looks like even with the solid looking plate, some kind of plate stiffener is required: after a months use, the plate is bent on both bindings. I doubt he is cutting/falling any harder than typical. Anyone else have these issues with LF bindings, esp. exos??

The bindings are very comfy though, and these are not insurmountable problems.