Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       06-01-2014, 9:26 PM Reply   
Took the boat out today, changed the stuffing box so i was messing with that first, got it to about 10 drips a minute, maybe it should be less but I figured i run it a little and adjust it again. We wanted to wakeboard but the lake was crazy packed and it was a small lake so we cruised around a little. found a nowake cove and anchored, ate lunch and swam a little. They decided to get the tube out and got it ready, fired up the boat and off we go. one down kill the motor he swaps out for another rider, then fire her up and off we go. Next rider down and kill the motor, swap out a rider, new rider hops on the tube, go to fire her up. Nothing. No crank, no click, pop, backfire, burp, fart nothing. check the gear, shes in neutral, check my batteries, both on, accessories work fine. But no crank. tried smacking the starter solenoid with wrench, no go. Had to get a tow in... does this sound like a starter issue or an ignition issue. The guy I bought it from said it didn't run when he bought it, and he put a new ignition switch in it from a parts store and it fired right up. Im wondering if this is the cause or more of a starter/solenoid issue? my batteries are good. I really dont like the looks of a starter job on this thing any Ideas?

92 Sanger FX22 direct drive ski boat, 350 mercruiser

Fired up great at home on the hose before we left. Fired up great each time I started it earlier today. Maybe the starter got wet from getting beat up in big wakes?

PS we were only tubing because the chop was ridiculous for wake boarding, to many nascar neds out today. We wanted to kill some time while we waited for the lake to clear out some.