Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ncsupra)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Am I crazy to consider buying a 2002 Super Air Nautique with 1,900 hrs? It is a one owner boat and the salesman claims that the owner had the dealership perform all of the required maintenance at regular intervals. I have requested the maintenance records. It has been at the dealership for approx 24 months with only an occasional lake test to run the motor. I have not seen the boat, as it is a 3 hour drive from my house but the pics online show that it is in good condition. The salesman sent me pics of three places where the gelcoat is chipped or scratched and there are three or four small cracks in the vinyl. He also says it is a Team Edition but there are no stickers/graphics on it to indicate it is a Team Edition.

Here are my questions:
Should 1,900 hrs be a big deal if the maintenance has been kept up with? I know a guy who got 3,000 hrs out of one of the engines.

How much would I expect to spend to rebuild the engine? I would like to rebuild it myself, are parts readily available to an individual? Any Correct Craft/Nautique/PCM specific tools required for an engine rebuild?

Did Correct Craft/Nautique make a Team Edition in 2002? What options would be specific to only a Team Edition to help me confirm it is a SANTE?

Would $22,500 be too much to pay for this boat? I figure I could rebuild the engine, fix the gelcoat and still have less than $29K into it.

Thanks for your help.