Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-21-2011, 5:34 AM Reply   
Kids are now teenagers and really want a boat (almost as bad as Dad). So I began shopping and was stunned by the number of choices and obviously the amount of money required.

So here is where I'm at. Both kids (and many friends) are interested in wakeboarding and wakesurfing. Both are beginners but are athletic and very good snowboarders so I know they are going to pick this stuff up really fast. Dad... not so much.

The first boat on the list is a '10 Moomba LSV. Nothing flashy but has everything we need. Like the size and have some experience with another LSV (friend). A good boat at a GREAT price. Brand new.

Second boat. Moving up a quick $10k is a used '09 Team SAN 210. Cleanest used boat I have ever seen. Boat has most of the bling including upgraded stereo etc and low hours. I have never driven or ridden in a Nautique and there is a foot of snow on the ground and the lake is frozen so I'm going into this one blind. Interiors of Nautiques look old when they are brand new if you ask me. Afraid the wife won't be thrilled with that. Are those straight seats comfy when spending a day on the lake? That's where I need your advise. Good surfing wake w/o having to buy a lot of additional ballast??

Third and final boat is a brand new 2011 custom ordered Malibu VTX. Shorter but a lot of bling. Also have experience with a few Malibu's. Love the interior, dealer and ability to choose colors etc. This boat is yet more money. Approx a $5k bump over the SAN.

So for those of you who have a lot of experience with a lot of boats, please weigh in. I'm having a hard time making a decision