Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-27-2009, 4:07 AM Reply   
NOT- but they should-2009 INT US Championships are cancelled due to lack of entries. I hear they are definitely hurting. I hear talk that 2010 INT is not a sure thing and many states may be without. Any business that was in the situation those 2 are in would definitely be talking. Think about it- They both sanction variety of sports-ski,skate, knee and wake. They both target the same audience, have the same sponsors and have regional and national tournaments.

USAWaterski has the national and international sanctions and are pretty strong at putting on pro level tournaments. They have some great resources for the watersports enthusiast and a foot print that is a little different than INT.

INT kills it for a national amateur tournament. It dwarfs USAWaterski's kneeboard and wakeboard tournaments. Has a loyal following a a great grassroots format with a strong national infrastructure.

So why wouldn't they? 1- INT and WWA exist because of the USAWaterski and their experience with them. 2- Mr Stocks has built the INT into what it is and I bet his ego won't let it belong to anyone but him. Shame. This could be a great thing for watersports. Plus most people would love NOT to have to pay 2 memberships per person in the family.

David Williams- How about a poll asking readers if they should merge?