Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (swatkinz)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-01-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
How would you guys handle this? This morning a friend and I got out on the water to get in a couple of sets. The wind was tough today so we headed into a fairly narrow yet clearly navigable cove to be shielded and to find some rideable water. Off of this main channel, I noticed that there was a bass fisherman in the back of this cove probably 100yds from the main channel that we were setting up in. So we fill up set up and I make a couple of runs with a few falls. At one point he used his troller to position his boat sort of near the midpoint of the cove and then worked his way back to the shore. Well, I fell within ear shot of the guy and he yells over, "Ya'll need to take that sh@@ out to the big water." I heard him, but asked him to repeat. In an agitated voice that he was trying to fish a tournament and "make a dollar." I calmly explained that it was too rough for us to ride in the "big" water and that we were doing nothing wrong. I then told him I hoped he caught a lot of fish. Well, he made a few more casts and then peeled out kicking a huge redneck rooster tail.
We were not in a no wake zone and although the cove was somewhat narrow, I read the boating laws for my state and the read that skiers must stay a "reasonable" distance from other property and boats. Also, my boat doesn't yet have a stereo so other than engine noise we were quiet. In my mind, I did nothing wrong and this guy was just like most of these fisherman thinking that they own whatever part of the lake they want to fish at that time. I'm all for being respectful and sharing the lake, but what would you have done here. It's not that this guy wanted to take turns or anything and how could you anyway. He wanted us out of there plain and simple.