Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-28-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
so hopefully someone on here can give me some much needed suggestions as to what im doing wrong with my system or some well needed pointers on some things i may have over looked. i have included a diagram of my stereo and the wireing set up installed (99% correct)in my boat as we speak. the only change is that the charge wire off the alt. goes directly to the common post on the back of the perko.

my first problem is i hear many of you speak about playing your stereo for hours on end with no problems except for dead batteries come the end of the day. with the 3 j/l 1000/1 amps i have, even with 8 fully charged yellow tops (all of which are good, i had them checked) and the capactiors, on a good bass note i can pull the voltage down low enough that the amps will shut themselfs off with their low voltage protection seeing under 11volts. soon after they will turn themselfs back on and continue to play. the only way i can seem do keep them from cutting out is by turning down the bass..... exactly what i dont want to do. as you can see ive ran 0gague wire to a distro. block and the absolute shortest 4awg i can into the amps with the same combo for the ground. the only thing i can think off is that 1 run of 0 gague power wire may not be big enough and it may need another run.
im truely at a loss for what to do next. i tried to build the best i could and im beginning to think that these j/l amps could be my biggest downfall with the ammount of volts they suck up. if someone could just tell me what to do next i would owe surely appreciate it!!

i also know that charging is an issue and after reading about the balmar systems that have been installed on a few boats lurking around wakeworld im in talks with balmar trying to set up a system for my boat.

anyways sorry for being longwinded i just wanted to be detailed so it would hopefully make it easyier for someone to help me out

mike Upload