Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-23-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
Well I sold my Moomba. Now I have my dad's 83 MasterCraft. I have some projects to do. I have to replace the steering cable which we already have. It is just the cable not the whole unit where the cable winds up and connects to the steering wheel. Anybody know if you can pull off that piece where the cable winds up and if so how do you do it? I am going to buy an oil cooler for it from skidim.com. That should be easy and self explanatory to replace.

The boat probably needs new vinyl which I may do at some point. Does anybody know a shop or person in the Seattle area that will do this for a reasonable price? If I do it I plan on pulling all the pieces out so there is no prep time I have to pay them for. The seats probably need new foam padding as well. Does anybody have an idea of what this might cost. I am looking for something simple. I don't need any fancy stitching and multiple colors. Also does anybody know of a good place to buy vinyl?

Another thing I wouldn't mind doing is replacing the carpet. Is that very hard? I would assume you just have to pull out the seats, engine cover and any other removable pieces and then tear up the carpet then glue the new carpet down. How much and where is a good place to get marine carpet?