Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (bounty_hunter)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anybody else has had any problems with taking their boats in for service at DG (Tracy Boat sales). I recently took my boat in for a simple warranty issue. I dropped the boat off extremely clean in and out. When I picked up the boat I took a quick look around the outside but didn't pay too much attention to the interior untill I got home. Once I got home and went to cover the boat I discovered the interior was a disaster. There were Shoe prints, oil marks, small rocks, some sort of oil over spray on windshield and seats that won't come off, and heavy film of dirt all over. The boat was dropped off with cover on. When I picked it up cover was half on. They only worked on the engine, yet the interior in the bow section had grease and dirt all over it also. I was totally pissed! I will NEVER take my boat back there again! This is the second time I have had to take the boat in for some sort of service since I bought it new last year. The first time I took it to them I had a similar problem, but not nearly as bad as this time.

So I just wondering if this has happend to anybody else or is this just normal for a service department to basically thrash your interior. I know if you took a $60k car in for service to a dealer they would throw down plastic on the seats, paper floor mats ect. Shouldn't a marine service dept. do the same. Sorry for the rant.