Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (mattprt)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Well Im on the lake with some friends of mine and we go out every year. They have both owned boats and I thought they where pretty familiar with the lake and have pulled me around several times but last weekend I got learned to not take things for granted. As I'm up on the board doing my novice tricks riding the wake pulling hard in the glass and just taking it kinda easy I notice where kinda low in the channel and arond that shallow water danger bouy well 2 sec later I see it. On the wrong side of the boat!!! I do the cut it sighn and all but its too late I know she seen it too and was going about 10 when everything stops and I look down too see that Im playing Jesus. That was the saddest I had felt in a while. I "walk" up to the boat and my friend who is yelling at everyone. WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS!!! WHY DO THEY ONLY HAVE ONE STUPID BOUY!!!! Apoligizing to me and about to cry. Well we get everyone out of the boat and it looks like the top of the prop down is about the extent of the part of the boat you can see in the 1 foot of water and it was just sand and mud (BTW its a 87 Webbcraft Inboard so deeper V and prop). Luckily we where
able too flag another boat down and he had a 90 hp outboard so he could get pretty close we tied it up and looked like the dumbest people on the water but we got it moving inch by inch pushing with all our might. It finally edged out and I was waiting for it to start sinking but got in and started it up and everything seemed to check out. No prop spin and no water in th bilge we was all sweating bullits and so relieved when it plained out and we got it on our lift it looked fine and I flushed it out pretty good. So far no problems as the biggest issue I can see is prop spin and mud clogging. If anyone else has a funny stupid story to post here's you chance.