Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (bprince)      Join Date: May 2005       04-18-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
Last Friday morning I was out at Elsinore and my knee crumbled on a backroll attempt. I was taken to the emergency room, where I sat for 5 hours and was then blown off by the nurse. The doctor looked at my knee for about a minute and ordered some X-rays. Then didn't bother coming back with the results. I had to get the nurse, who said they came back negative, and sent me hobbling away with a note to see a doctor if the pain persists for 15 days.

Saturday, my knee turned into a balloon, and I still had almost no mobility. I sat like this for the weekend before getting into the orthopedic doctor, yesterday.

From the symptoms, he's pretty confident I tore my meniscus. I'll be getting an MRI to confirm and see if there's any other damage and then make a decision on arthroscopy.

Next time I will go straight to the orthopedic.