Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-22-2012, 6:11 AM Reply   
After a year and a half of debating what boat to get, I finally placed an order Thursday for a 2012 Tige RZR. We actually planned on ordering a boat around this time last year but between my work schedule, travel and our 2 small boys the summer was over before we knew it!

The good thing is that we were able to ride in and behind a couple different boats and were able to see all the new boats at the Houston Boat Show for 2 years. From the beginning I was drawn to Tige as it was the first boat I ever wake boarded behind back in college in the late 90's.

I know over the last 1.5 years I've drove Steve and Brandon at Texas Tige crazy with my indecisiveness but they were always very accommodating. Steve and Texas Tige are probably one of the biggest reasons I chose Tige. Their commitment to the brand and customer are 2nd to none and their service manager is probably the foremost PCM authority in the industry. In fact, he wrote or co wrote the actual PCM service manual.

Although I had already made my decision and put down a deposit at the boat show on Sunday, it also didn't hurt that in back to back test drives today the RZR easily outperformed a 2012 X2. The wakeboard wake on the RZR was bigger and rampier and the surf wake was so much better it was actually almost laughable. The RZR is much better looking, the Alpha Z tower was sturdier and the boat handled and cornered better than the X2.

The hardest part of the whole process really was deciding what color combo to go with. I really wanted an all graphite boat but after seeing it in person, the graphite just wasn't dark enough, although I really liked it in metallic pearl. We played around with some Electric Blue accents, white accents, black, etc but nothing ever really stood out until we visited the boat show this past weekend.